Patiently Waiting for CM:N Forum to open

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

(a) It is too soon to open a dedicated forum.

(B) Given the traffic on this forum, it is quite easy to follow the CM:N threads.

© The posting frequency on the Afghanistan currently does not encourage opening yet another forum.

Best regards,

Thomm

I recall BFC stating that there'll be no forum until an official announcement of the game. CM:Normandy is not the official name of the game, either, so I suspect that one sunny day the game will be officially announced, the real name revealed and the new forum and web site opened.

Obviously they are up to something for not creating a board to our most beloved game... In this day and age with tweets, blogs, and sneak peaks, it is quite interesting the battlefront has yet to make a forum for an upcoming title.

I'd imagine it is most likely them trying to manage the marketing for three releases that might be in danger of trampling on each other: CM: Afghanistan, NATO module and CMN. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they had some sort of agreement with Snowball to not announce any news on NATO or CMN for a certain period after the Afghan announcement, since Snowball might reasonably be worried that announcing CMN the day after Afghanistan would suck all the attention away from Afghanistan and hurt their sales correspondingly.

I believe that Steve, or someone else from BFC, stated that it was unlikely that most current CM players would have an interest the Afghanistan game due to its limited scope and appeal. It was also said that all CM titles are completely independent of each other from a marketing perspective and they are not worried that sales of one title will cannibalize sales of another. People who are interested in two games that are released around the same time will eventually buy both.

I believe that Steve, or someone else from BFC, stated that it was unlikely that most current CM players would have an interest the Afghanistan game due to its limited scope and appeal. It was also said that all CM titles are completely independent of each other from a marketing perspective and they are not worried that sales of one title will cannibalize sales of another. People who are interested in two games that are released around the same time will eventually buy both.

Gotta agree with this, no matter which order they're released or how close together they're released, I'll not buy Afghanistan, NATO is a maybe, and CMN is a definite.

As BF has always said, they don't care about initial release sales figures, it's about long term sales overall. I think the main reason why they wouldn't release two games close together is more for logistical reasons and not fear of competitive sales.

Now I will say this, if BF surprises us all and gives CMSF the big QB update in NATO. Well then NATO becomes a definite purchase. ;)

BFC may take that view, but there is no guarantee that Snowball does. If they have asked for a bit of a window where Afghanistan gets the focus, then there isn't any great reason for BFC not to indulge them.

Not that it matters terribly; just my personal speculation on why news from BFC on NATO and CMN has completely vanished for a while.

There is no conspiracy theory here guys :D It's actually far more simple... it's easier to keep track of discussions in one place instead of several. So as long as possible we try to keep it as simple as it can be.

You might have noticed my lack of presence as of late. I have hardly any time these days to check the one CM Forum we have going, not to mention a second or third. I've already got 3 Beta Forums I have to keep track of, plus email, plus a man has to eat sometime and meatball subs aren't exactly good to chow down while typing :D

Steve

Oh, and there is something else to add to MeatEtr's comments about us not being focused on early sales results. For traditional publishers/developers they have a few weeks or a few months TOPS to sell their products. Therefore, they have to get everybody as interested as possible ready to buy BEFORE the game hits the market. For us... doesn't matter. Getting you guys worked up into a frenzy actually hurts development because it takes time to interact with you guys which, as enjoyable as it is (and I am NOT being sarcastic), does come at the cost of getting the game done. If this means some people drift to sleep and find out the game is released several months after release, that's fine with us. We have to eat every month, so sales are always appreciated whenever they happen ;)

Steve