Win7- crashing

CoLdFiRe

Hi all,

Ive decided to give ToW2 another try but problem remains that it crashes when scenario finishes loading, this goes for the demo and game iteself and will probably do the same with centauro, so I think this is a problem with the engine not liking my current setup. it works fine on a Pentium 4 PC but horrible lag there.

I did submit a ticked some time ago, but didnt reach anything..

Win 7 64bit

i7-920

ram 6 gb ddr3

9600 GSO 1500 MB

I remember talking to you about your problems, but I'm unable to find the ticket to review the exact suggestions that have already been made.

It seems strange that the game will get all the way to the point of loading completely up and then crash. I don't have a Core i3, i5 or i7 CPU to check this behavior out.

One thing to possibly try is to modify one of the .INI files for the game. With a default install location, open up Notepad application by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator". Now open a file and browse to (with a default install location):

'\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Theatre of War 2\users\game.ini'

In this file change the "CompatibilityMode=0" to "CompatibilityMode=1" and save the file. This changes a memory management feature in TOW. Typically it affects file save operations among other things. It MIGHT help here.