Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Saved a PBEM game and then couldn't open it.(v1.1)

I received the turn. It was my time to watch the action, so pushed start. Action played out. Pushed Done. GO button screen came up. But had no time to plot my move so I saved the game. When I came back later the game opened in a previous turn. I could not open the game in either pbem or saved game files.

(my pbem partner is resending the turn) but: What should I do in the future if I need to save a PBEM game. I did a search on this but with all of the patch and version issues from the past it was impossible to get up to date info.

Curious Toad

------------------

"Too much of a good thing...

is wonderful." -- Mae West

I've often saved PBEM games while plotting moves, because Macs occasionally bomb and it's easier to open the saved file then recreate all the moves. I've had no problem opening the files, so I'm not sure why you weren't able to do so. Was there a file in your Saved Games folder?

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Guest Madmatt

Are you certain you reloaded the proper file and not one from the previous turn? If you still have the movie file that your opponent sent you should be able to just reload it, watch the movie again and then resume the turn.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Are you certain you reloaded the proper file and not one from the previous turn? If you still have the movie file that your opponent sent you should be able to just reload it, watch the movie again and then resume the turn.

Madmatt

Thanks Madmatt,

The file was no where to be found. Only the file from the last turn that I made. This did happen on a turn I received reinforcements. Not expecting any at that time I was not prepared to take the time to deploy. The screen had the GO button. I went to the Hotkeys and did Alt/S. Maybe I should have done Alt/Q.

Wondering Toad

------------------

"Too much of a good thing...

is wonderful." -- Mae West