Strategic Command -Global vs. previous SC

I'm curious, if I get the Global Conflict version will I be able to do all the other previous scenarios in the previous SC2s

(e.g. be able to have Europe only or pacific only dealing with units at the levels they are in those SC2, or be able to do future post WWII scenarios like patton drives east).

I'm not talking about doing the exact scenarios but more like theaters and time periods.

Conan

Hi Conan

It is possible to import data from previous scenarios but there will be some work involved in correcting the scripts and some other things, simply due to all the enhancements that are added on with each release.

So, the answer is yes but it will take some time, plus of course given all the new features such as the ability to add, deduct or transfer money using Decision Events, I'm sure that importing a map would also get the creative juices flowing while you implement everything necessary to have the scenario run in the Global game. This game is going to be a modders delight, so keep plenty of free time spare for both playing and designing! :)

ahh ok but I'll be able to do a European theater only or something like that if want to?

Yes, certainly. Literally anything from WWII and around that time will be possible to create in the editor. The only thing is that importing a full scenario from a previous iteration of the SC2 series will take a while and require significant manual editing, but it could certainly be done.