Demo failed due to d3dx9_36.dll not found

Hi guys i wonder if somebody can help me, downloaded the kursk demo zipped and run the demo as administrator i have vista32 loaded on a dell inspiron 1720 dual core laptop, nvidia gforce m8600gt 256meg video, 4gb memory. No other software loaded apart from windows vist32 and factory image installed and demo, when i run the demo i get a error message box come up showing application failed due to d3dx9_36.dll was not found.

I have deleted and installed the demo a few times same message accures

running dx10 and dx9c alongside i could run tow1 no problems, tow2 no problems and i could run the russian demo of kursk ok but now i get the same error message on both.

appreciate any help you can give me if i can get the demo to run i will be looking at purchasing the full game.

Thanks Mick:):)

It's strange when certain DirectX DLLs are not present. I suggest trying the DirectX web update. This should update your DirectX 9.0c libraries/files. Hopefully it may include the missing .DLL file.

Downloading and running this updater will in turn download updates to DirectX 9.0c that haven't been applied yet. The latest version of DirectX 9.0c is Sept. '09.

I know this is kinda odd, and you do have what appears to be the correct dx, did you use the english demo's intall for directX?

I have ahd issues where I already have 9c but if I do not use the installs direct x install somehow its not accessed in teh correct folder.. no idea why, just a thought and good luck

Hi guys thanks for the promt reply, Schrullenhaft was on the ball English demo runs fine and thanks for the reply Freeman also it runs quite well on a

dell inspiron 1720 laptop on medium graphic settings with no shadows, high detail units and at res: 768 x 1024 with latest nvidia m8600gt driver.

Thanks again Mick:):):):)

• 1 year later...
Hi guys i wonder if somebody can help me, downloaded the kursk demo zipped and run the demo as administrator i have vista32 loaded on a dell inspiron 1720 dual core laptop, nvidia gforce m8600gt 256meg video, 4gb memory. No other software loaded apart from windows vist32 and factory image installed and demo, when i run the demo i get a error message box come up showing application failed due to d3dx9_36.dll was not found.

Thanks Mick:):)

You can get d3dx9_36.dll file from the link. This will help you in case of missing or downloading dll.

and will repair it if it's corrupted.

http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/d3dx9_36.dll/