Frame rate performance

amingaz

hello.

i have played TOW with no FPS problems at all as well as the german campaign inTOW 2.I am now playing the american campaign and i am having very serious problems ,i'm down to 2.3.4.FPS and at that rate off course a lot of freezing.I adjusted to medium for graphics but no improvement.MY PC specs are penium quad 2.4 mega nvidia 250gts 3.5 RAMS.Can anuyone please give some tips s to get back up to 20 FPS at least.

amingaz

hello.

I played again the german campaign battle of tebessa setting back the graphics to standard high and i never went below 33 fps even with an intensive battle going on and no freeze's,i was between the 40's and 30's all the time depending on the events and runing very smoothly.

if i go back to the US campaign and set the graphics to standard low it starts at 40 and drops rapidly to below 20 and as the battle intensifies it goes down to 2,3,4, fps and stuters,it becomes unplayable.last night i installed the recent nvidia driver 196 with the same results.

hope you can help,

amingaz

Maybe this is because when you play on German side you're advancing, while playing on US side you're mostly defending and numerous advancing enemies slow the game down. If this is true, first US mission will stutter for you, while second should be OK (US offensive).

US Campaign:

i have played again the first mission, the faid pass in high standard settings just now and it gave me maximum 20 fps down to 16 during the ground battle and a minimum of 9 during the final air attack and remained playable to the end of the mission.