Technical advantages

robert4260

Question: I have been playing solo with EOS and have noticed that when I end up in combat with the AI (usually after 100 turns or so) that they always have bette classes of ships/units than I have. I am just going through the research and selecting the next level of everything then when thats done going to to the next level. Is there something I am doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help,

Bob R

Now that does make sense. Thanks for the help. That is probably the problem.

It took me a dozen or so games before I realised why the AIs always seemed to have Level 5 units...when mine were only 3 and finally found the additional funds for research box.

Nowadays I generally start games with a 4/5 gold subsidy to research (even though it means putting off a couple of early upgrades), pretty much every gold resource captured after that, the additional gold goes into research and by the end of the game I am pouring in about 60+ gold per turn.

It doesn't stop the AI getting ahead of me in some fields, especially as they ignore economic research, as I generally try and spread my research. Also you have to be wary of running the inevitable monetary deficits.