editing the missions

thathawk

I am playing the us campaign at the moment if find that some of the missions are a bit over the top eg defending a position with stuart light against tiger tanks and panzer medium tanks at least in tow1 the missions were difficult but you had a fair amount of good quality armour to match the enemy even if you did not have the quantity I would like edit some missions may be get rid of those useless stuart light tanks and add some shermans and may be some m10 tanks but I havent a clue as to editing the missions I did look at the help files for editing but am not too sure I am using windows7 64 bit

The mission is On the way to tebessa in the us campaign where you start off with 4 stuart light tanks and 4 105mm guns I encountered 3 tiger tanks 2 turned up with panzers after my reinforcements of 3 m10 turned up 1 tiger turned up earlied in the attack along with some panzer medium tanks they made quick work of my light tanks although I managed to destroy the tracks of the tiger and knock out 1 panzer1 panzer

With default setup i guess it's impossible. To delay enemy advance until reinforcements arrive you should avoid frontal tank-to-tank engagements and fire at enemy tanks sides.

The problem is that the reinforcements will arrive at different pass and enemy will win if they manage to move enough forces through your initial position (one panzer is enough, there are HQ and supplies beyond it).

It's best if you have two Wolverines still kicking around from second mission, then you can engage enemy at long range. With 90+ skill gunners they'll make short work of approaching panzers and even Tigers with a bit of luck. If you don't have them for purchase, then your best bet is ambushing behind the hills.

Howitzers are too vulnerable at these, realtively short, ranges. Sell them and HMGs, buy Shermans and Lees (one or two Wolverines if available). If you decide to keep a couple of howitzers, they can decimate the first wave if they get lucky though.

Position your tanks behind cover so they'd fire at sides of enemy tanks at short range. Immediately send one to the pass behind you to act as the last ditch defence against enemy onslaught in case one tank or platoon will broke through to it. If you manage to survive until reinforcements arrive, you can actually pull it off. Remember, if you can't destroy enemy tanks you should at least immobilize them and be able to deal with infantry.