Any upcoming discounts?

Paulverisor64

I have been considering getting Theater of War 2 Africa as a warm up for Theater of War 2 Kursk. Since the new game will be releasing soon I was wondering whether there would be any impending discounts for the original TOW 2 game?

I have to be careful with my money, but I would be interested in giving this game a good try.

I do see a $5 off discount but perhaps the price will be dropping lower than that with the new game coming out.

I apologize I didn't realize that there were differing deals depending on the bundle that was looked at. I was looking at the TOW2 with Centaro bundle which shows a savings of $5.

I might instead opt for the TOW2 and game guide which would save $15.

Before I buy I would like to check into 2 things;

1) The download expiration after 365 days; I have the Combat Mission BB which was downloaded and after changing my computer even though I have the game saved on disk I have not been able to use the installation code. I am worried that TOW 2 would be unplayable after 1 year.

2) Just fully playing through the tutorial. The tutorial itself was quite easy to go through but the 1 mission which is included with the game doesn't seem to make sense to me. I am supposed to move my force to a Sidi Bou Zid which I don't see on the map. (Even in the tutorial the move orders seemed a bit vague) I believe I am in a setup mode but it doesn't appear I can move my units around.

I would like to feel better about the 2 above issues prior to making my decision about buying TOW2. I will search the forum some more, but perhaps someone might be able to shed some light on my questions.

We do not plan any further discounts at this point.

Regarding 1) -

your license key (what you call "installation code" I guess) for a game never expires.

The 365 days limit is for DOWNLOADS only. But really, usually there is no need to download a game more than once. Simply make a backup copy of the files you download, e.g. burn to disc.

Your license key can be used for ever. The only thing you need to make sure you don't forget is to UNLICENSE it from a PC when you don't use the game anymore. You can have the game activated on up to two PCs at the same time. When you activate a key, it's "bound" to the specific PC it was activated on. By UNLICENSING, you "free up" the key. You can do this as often as you wish, for ever.

If you have not been able to use your key, perhaps you have forgotten to unlicense. Please submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk, including the key you're trying to use, and we may be able to reset it for you.

Martin

We do not plan any further discounts at this point.

Regarding 1) -

your license key (what you call "installation code" I guess) for a game never expires.

The 365 days limit is for DOWNLOADS only. But really, usually there is no need to download a game more than once. Simply make a backup copy of the files you download, e.g. burn to disc.

Your license key can be used for ever. The only thing you need to make sure you don't forget is to UNLICENSE it from a PC when you don't use the game anymore. You can have the game activated on up to two PCs at the same time. When you activate a key, it's "bound" to the specific PC it was activated on. By UNLICENSING, you "free up" the key. You can do this as often as you wish, for ever.

If you have not been able to use your key, perhaps you have forgotten to unlicense. Please submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk, including the key you're trying to use, and we may be able to reset it for you.

Martin

Thanks for clearing up the licensing issue I had. I installed this on my laptop and my home computer. My new home computer replaced out almost every single component I once had, so the license very likely is dead with this unless I was to uninstall this from the laptop. None of this however is a big issue because I bought the CD as well as the download. (I did this because ahead of time I feared exactly what did happen) I believe this does help me to place a little faith in buying TOW2 as a download only. (which will save money) I know now how to keep the license from getting revoked. Thanks for your help!

Now once I figure out how to play out the demo mission I may be ready for a purchase. I've read (in the forum) negatives about the game especially in terms of the infantry but it appears this game would be a good study for TOW2 Kursk. I'm reading backwards through the forums to see if there is some guide for how you should set up for Sidi Bou Zid.