Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Yolo911,

There are any number of ways to change the plane's attack values, but here's a few:

First go to the Editor, open a campaign or scenario, then open "Country Data", then select "Edit Combat Data", then selecting Bombers change the Attack numbers from 2 to 1 wherever desired, as well as for any country.

Also, if you want further adjustments, using Country Data, open "Edit Reseach", and using "Advanced", you can alter "Increments (Unit Target Values)" from 1 to 0.5 for Anti-Tank. Beware though, this will alter th Anti-Tank values for ALL units that benefit from it (such as Tanks and Infantry) so you have to be careful what you are changing. Also, when saving your changes, change the file name (for example, Fall Weiss A or 2) before you save, to preserve the original scenario name without changes. There may be other ways, but these are just a few. Practice makes perfect! ;)

Hope this helps. :)

To DesetDave from a fellow senior, if i have interpreted your emails correctly, and that's not likely.

I would like to drastically tone-down air attack results. I am playing WAW long campaign as the Allies. I had,what I thought,was a strong line of tanks,inf, fighters and AA around Smolensk in August 1941. Next thing I know I am running for my life with what is left after just one turn of air attacks. Come on. Totally unrealistic to completely wipe out several units with just planes.

Anyway that plea is falling on deaf-ears. I read your post about editing the planes down so they have a more realistic role in the game. Can you describe to me how to do that or if this isn't the right place to ask could you email me?

Ack! I am... a "senior?" Ack! All over again!

Hey, I love California.

The beach, the palm trees, those "California girls" that Brian Wilson wrote and sang about! What's not to like?

Yep, my favorite state... after my own, but of course!

Sure I remember how it was in the late 60's then I got out of Army and had buku bucks and all the time in the world! To pitch heedless to the 4-winds, as only a young man can do!

Well, where in dickens did that time go? LOL!

Schnee Sturm has given you the basics, but I'll be more specific if that's what you want?

OK, down to cases.

1) What particular game do you wish to mod, so to make your Air less powerful?

2) Do you want this for ALL of the Air forces, or merely for the TAC?

Let me know -- right here on board is fine, I'm sure no-one will mind. LOTS of space after all.

Once you answer, I'll give you VERY specific instructions and numbers to plug in, with X-planations for what it will accomplish.

For instance, you DO want to keep the game "balanced," so, depending on what you specifically request, and also compensate for lesser strength-point losses.

I'll do my best!

To provide the rest!

And not, no never!

Make of it, a truly numerical mess! :)

BTW: I'll be off-line the rest of this evening, but will get back tomorrow morning.

Just goes to show "you can lead a 'papa' to water, but you can't make him drink".:P

I know what your thinking SeaMonkey, I wonder if Bo is using an assumed name here in this post,:confused: I know someone sounds like me but I assure the pill I started taking after our little talk is still working, ahhh but there was a moment of doubt huh! Tell the truth now maybe just for a second or two come on now the truth shall set you free:D

Bo