The European map in SC Global Conflict

Before I was a big fan of SC, but I got disappointed with the add-ons.

The main reason was that the European map remained too small with too few squares. In my opinion that limited the tactical options for the player. So my question now is:

Will the European map in Global Conflict be bigger with more squares, cities and so on in each country?

In addition to having a bigger European map: it is unclear to me why the low countries in SC Global conflict are represented by Brussels and the Belgium flag and not by The Netherlands with the Dutch flag. Now that the game has expanded to cover the whole world it would be more logical to have The Netherlands to represent the low countries as the Dutch colonies in Asia (Dutch East Indies) are also represented in the grand campaign.

Another question: Does the fall of The Netherlands in any way influence the situation (p.e. loss of MPPs for the allies) in the Dutch East Indies in SC Global conflict?

Regards,

Dirk

Before I was a big fan of SC, but I got disappointed with the add-ons.

The main reason was that the European map remained too small with too few squares. In my opinion that limited the tactical options for the player. So my question now is:

Will the European map in Global Conflict be bigger with more squares, cities and so on in each country?

The scale has actually changed in that the map will appear a bit smaller than in previous releases. While the game engine can now support larger maps, in fact this release allows for the biggest maps yet via the Editor at 512x256, we decided to focus on making the game more playable by going with a smaller map. As a result you will notice that we reduced some of the unit builds and adjusted some of the allowable unit build types but overall the focus was more or less on making a fine grand strategy game that retained all the elements of previous releases but on a Global scale. As I'm sure you are aware, it is a tricky balance between content and playability but after developing and play testing this one for well over a year now I'm very confident we achieved just the right balance.

Honestly, once you are in game and having to move your units and account for all the necessary strategies, i.e. production, unit placement, offensives and so on (for both theaters) it quickly becomes apparent that even at this scale the game demands quite a bit from the player. A quick aside here in that playing Japan is probably going to be the hardest to get just right as the preparation for an efficient Operation Z is probably one of the most difficult undertakings an SC player will face to date.

All this being said though, there is an unofficial mod being worked on by Nupremal that promises to be simply outstanding at the full sized map of 512x256. For reference you can take a look at his Global mod for the Pacific Theater release to get an idea on just what we will be looking at here once his mod is ready for release.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Another question: Does the fall of The Netherlands in any way influence the situation (p.e. loss of MPPs for the allies) in the Dutch East Indies in SC Global conflict?

Hi Dirk,

Just a quick response in that Dutch East Indies are represented as their own territory and while we originally had a relationship between the Low Countries and the Dutch East Indies it was difficult to model the Japanese relationship with the DEI for oil as well so in the end it was modified to give priority to Japan as this was a large source of Oil supply for them historically. That being said there are a lot of modifiers that can affect this oil supply and needless to say the DEI is very important in this respect for both sides to play just right.

Hubert

The scale has actually changed in that the map will appear a bit smaller than in previous releases. While the game engine can now support larger maps, in fact this release allows for the biggest maps yet via the Editor at 512x256, we decided to focus on making the game more playable by going with a smaller map. As a result you will notice that we reduced some of the unit builds and adjusted some of the allowable unit build types but overall the focus was more or less on making a fine grand strategy game that retained all the elements of previous releases but on a Global scale. As I'm sure you are aware, it is a tricky balance between content and playability but after developing and play testing this one for well over a year now I'm very confident we achieved just the right balance.

Honestly, once you are in game and having to move your units and account for all the necessary strategies, i.e. production, unit placement, offensives and so on (for both theaters) it quickly becomes apparent that even at this scale the game demands quite a bit from the player. A quick aside here in that playing Japan is probably going to be the hardest to get just right as the preparation for an efficient Operation Z is probably one of the most difficult undertakings an SC player will face to date.

All this being said though, there is an unofficial mod being worked on by Nupremal that promises to be simply outstanding at the full sized map of 512x256. For reference you can take a look at his Global mod for the Pacific Theater release to get an idea on just what we will be looking at here once his mod is ready for release.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Thank you for that information Hubert, can the original map be changed to 512 times 256 with the editor without changing or do anymore editing of the rest of the game you created in other words just make the map bigger, and where will we find Nupremal mod when it is released.

Bo

Anyone wanting an extraordinary SC experience need only look to the SC2 scenario and mods forum for the Vypuero/Nupremal custom campaign release. This is "cutting edge" SC campaign material, simply awesome, filled with lots of the fruit from extensive testing of the earlier versions(SC PT), thank you Nupremal and Rambo.:cool:

It is a little more detailed, with a lot of innovative depth and requires more immersion from the players than most other SC campaigns. Superbly balanced, I was quite intrigued by the many strategic options available to players to embark upon. The only SC campaign that required note taking for this veteran to remain oriented,:o outstanding for human vs human play.:)

Try it, you'll like it!

Anyone wanting an extraordinary SC experience need only look to the SC2 scenario and mods forum for the Vypuero/Nupremal custom campaign release. This is "cutting edge" SC campaign material, simply awesome, filled with lots of the fruit from extensive testing of the earlier versions(SC PT), thank you Nupremal and Rambo.:cool:

It is a little more detailed, with a lot of innovative depth and requires more immersion from the players than most other SC campaigns. Superbly balanced, I was quite intrigued by the many strategic options available to players to embark upon. The only SC campaign that required note taking for this veteran to remain oriented,:o outstanding for human vs human play.:)

Try it, you'll like it!

Having a hard time finding that mod SeaMonkey can you guide me a little thank you.

Bo

Let's see Bo.......hmmm...as I remember it, you need to go to the Battlefront Repository and find the SC PT mods. I believe Nupremal's mod is on the second page.

Now you'll probably have to log in to get the DL, no big deal....endeavor to persevere....and "Ye shall be rewarded". Its really not that difficult for us older folks, just hang in there and don't give up. If at first you don't succeed....try ...try...again!

Isn't that what the old guys used to tell us when we were younger chaps?:D

Let's see Bo.......hmmm...as I remember it, you need to go to the Battlefront Repository and find the SC PT mods. I believe Nupremal's mod is on the second page.

Now you'll probably have to log in to get the DL, no big deal....endeavor to persevere....and "Ye shall be rewarded". Its really not that difficult for us older folks, just hang in there and don't give up. If at first you don't succeed....try ...try...again!

Isn't that what the old guys used to tell us when we were younger chaps?:D

Hmmm found the mod, I knew in my heart it was a mistake to let you know Im retired.:D Thank you.

How I envy you Bo. I laid plans many years ago to retire at 55, as I have many interests to pursue and having a job that requires 24/7 attentativeness at times, precluded me from starting many of those more complicated projects.

Once I got to economic security I thought "that would be it". Was I ever mistaken, not only do I like my job.....which has now lost that definition, but running my portfolios and helping other people with my seemingly "God given skills":rolleyes: allows me very little time for self indulgence. How I would love to be a beta tester for SC or play the other wargames I like, but unfortunately the time is not there, and I've come to a rather sordid conclusion that the human lifespan is not going to be enough to accomplish the things I would like to.:(

But like Jagger says, "you can't always get what you want.....but you just might find, you get what you need".:)