absolute rubbish

clubsprint

I'd been following the reviews for some time, then having seen that PT Boats was officially released (finally), I quickly tracked down a retail (AUS) copy at my local EB games to purchase the title rather than wait for it to be shipped as it wasn't apparent that there was any difference

PT Boats requires the latest generation graphics cards, fair enough, however after eventually getting it to run its games like this that remind me why I gave in and went to ps3. Issues installing, a lot of manual effort updating drivers etc, game crashes, error messages throughout and lacking any multiplayer servers

Then to have missions that are seemingly impassable (episode 1, mission 4:easy catch) most likely due to yet another in-game fault. This title is very unpolished.

I hope someone can sway me!

The Australian version of this game has nothing to do with our Battlefront.com release. We are not supporting the Australian version, sorry.

The Battlefront official international release is the updated version 1.1, including bug fixes, a completely new localization, and generally a much more polished product. YOu can download the free demo from the Battlefront version (which is not available anywhere else and is different from the Australian version) from www.battlefront.com/demos.

it's hugely misleading, BF should do a better job clearly differentiating the release from the Retail version as the cover is nearly identical to whats displayed on BF.com, you also receive a printed game manual

So it appears that i've wasted $50 buying the AUS retail version, and now I'm told i'm not entitled to v1.1

what a joke!

are there plans to release a patch to all affected AUS gamers?

it's hugely misleading, BF should do a better job clearly differentiating the release from the Retail version as the cover is nearly identical to whats displayed on BF.com, you also receive a printed game manual

You receive a printed manual and the Units Guide if you purchase Mail delivery or Mail&Download delivery from us.

So it appears that i've wasted $50 buying the AUS retail version, and now I'm told i'm not entitled to v1.1

what a joke!

are there plans to release a patch to all affected AUS gamers?

You will have to ask the Australian company this question where you have purchased the game from, I'm afraid. Or perhaps Akella will release it. Battlefront has nothing to do with that version, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...