Mods?

Ministry

There aren't other mods available . In my mission http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=89467

I added 2 new weapons ( rifle grenade launcher and g41w from kursk), italian pz4 ( fantasy creation :) ) an italian sniper and italian tank crew. The mini mod work with version 1.3 and i don't know if it works with centauro. About your question : i don't know why there are so few mods. The game is quite easy to mod ( there are many info files and utilities ) .

The game is quite easy to mod ( there are many info files and utilities ) .

Yes, but I agree with Knokke & I haven't even produced any new units etc just maps & missions. All I can say is it's a bloody lot of work with lots of testing & the occasional inexplicable game crash.

That said for me making maps & missions is a ton of fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Other than the balance mod, and JSH for TOW 1, there seem to be no other mods available for this game. With the editor packaged with TOW 2, an Italian expansion - anyone know why there are so few mods available?

Is there a mod installation tool that works without disturbing other installed mods?

Part of the problems with mods for the TOW series is that if they involve a new unit, or new object, weapon etc, then various database files require to have a simple text edit update. Simply adding a new file from the modder doesn't work as it wipes out the pointers for the other mods.