Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mac Support? Planned?

Hey folks,

I see there is still no Mac support for CMSF although I'm glad to hear the game improved since release. I tried it on my Windows box and it was quite shaky off the bat. Seems to have had the love and care that it needed and that reminds me of the Steve and Charles of old.

Is this how things will be left? Has Battlefront shifted its focus to CM:Normandy? Is there any hope of an OS X version there?

Obviously we can dual boot or virtualize Windows on our Macs. That is not the same as having a Mac OS X version for many reasons which I won't get into here. I'm still not going to change my signature. Can you elaborate on the technical difficulties you see in making a port to the Macintosh? Has your dev team considered TransGamings Cider SDK? Is it a matter of capital required to develop software that you suspect will not sell sufficiently to recoup dev costs?

I realize this isn't all Shock Force related but this is somewhat tech related and this forum is probably one of the more active here.

Colin,

I keep plugging away at this (you may want to do a search under my name to get an idea of previous responses) on the basis that I'm "on the inside of the tent".

Indeed one of my colleagues recently commented about:

"I'm sure that your incessant "I like Mac" posts ..."

So I am still raising the issue both directly and indirectly.

Steve has indicated in the past that an OS X version will be out and given a very rough timeline indication (which I can't go into here).

However, there has been no indication as to whather it will be say a CM:NATO version (incorporating CM:SF + USMC + UK + NATO) or some other configuration or if it will be CM:Normandy and the "present day" version will be rolled out later.

Certainly all my Beta testing is being done in Boot Camp as there is no native Mac version being Beta tested at present.

More news as it comes to hand.