Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Game crashing during campaign in CMSF

Hi... was hoping someone could help me with a small problem that I have... I have the Paradox version of CMSF which has been updated to 1.21 with the bought patch...

While I was playing the first mission in the campaign at about the 4 save... while the action was taken place it crashed with a message that said (CMSF has encounted problem and needs to close) and the crashes to desktop... at first I thought it was the driver as I have a nvidia card with the latest driver installed, so rolled back to my older ones and the same problem persisted so then I deleted the saved games and restarted the campaign and the same thing happened at the same place the 4 save... I play turn based.... I was wondering if this is a problem with the game....

When I've played the single senerios they play ok...

I did have a problem with a senerio that I down loaded to that when it crashed it said it was a memory problem but I just put that down the a problem with the senerio rather than the game....

There is a known issue with the CMSF campaign, but it is is with the Night Stalker's battle, which is NOT the first battle. When you say "4 save", are you saying it is crashing on the 4th turn ?

Have you played the game before the 1.21 patch for Paradox ? Such as the previous 1.20 patch ? If you want to experiment (and this will be a bit of work) you could UNLICENSE the 1.21 patch and then reinstall the Paradox copy of CMSF and then apply the 1.10 patch for Paradox and then finally the 1.20 patch for Paradox.

Now with this 1.20 Paradox version of CMSF, try to play the campaign again and see if it crashes. If it doesn't, then there MAY be some sort of bug or overlooked issue with the new 1.21 patch for Paradox, but that would seem a bit strange. The new 1.21 patch for Paradox is actually a Battlefront version of the game that uses eLicense. The patch replaces the executable so that it uses the eLicense DRM and of course has all the fixes in the 1.21 executable. Generally, I would assume that other users of the Battlefront version would see the same thing since the executable is now the same with the 1.21 version.

The problems with Nvidia drivers at the moment involve lighting, but I don't think that they will result in crashes. The ATI drivers did have problems with crashing and earlier drivers, but that would be with any scenario or the campaign.

Hi Schrullenhaft.... uninstalled the battlefront version of the game and clean installed the Paradox version to 1.20 and it played fine in the campaign... so I reinstalled 1.21 patch to make it the battle front version again and replayed the campaign and it was fine so it just must of been a glitch and a clean install sorted it out.......