Strategies I practice

Hi folks,

I know this forum as gone quiet, and I'm way late, as everyone has migrated to Global. That's ok, means I'm not bothering anyone.

Anyways, I can play this game over and over and that's as the Allies, against the computer! There are nail biting moments all throughout: France, UBoats, Africa, Russia (many times), D Day.

Not only can I play over and over, I do! (my wife is very puzzled by this, as she knows me to be an impatient person who doesn't like routine too much - oh, she does not understand).

Anyways, here's a short synopsis, of what I do against the computer (set to max). I wouldn't mind suggestions, at All! Would love them.

1) I try for increasing the industrial and production tech for Russian and U. S. as early as possible, doubling down on them even.

2) I fortify Vorozneh, just above, in front and make a line going below and down behind the D river. Recently (yesterday, in fact, I not only lost Rostov and Stalingrad, but found, too late, I hadn't reinforced the Grozny area. I actually lost this game! And this is after over a hundred playings (victories). How did that happen?

Anyways, I originally tried to fortify Moscow, but from what I've seen, that's a no go. I'm wondering if anyone has tried fortifying around Rostov?

3) For England, uboats tech, then infantry tech. I have patince on the Uboat war, and am willing to lost mmps for Canada, til ready, and for Egypt for a year or more, and then only if I'm willing.

4) In Africa, I defend, patiently at El Agheila, then take the Vichy colonies, then Sicily.

5) I always invest in getting Irag. I always fight the Italian Navy with my french and english ships. So that's a no brainer, to my mind.

6) For Russia, I try to invest in Air tech, and buy air planes, but sometimes I over invest in tech, at the expense of the ground forces (sometimes to my deep regrets. Sometimes, just to a nail biting smile).

7) For the U.S. I can't usually get them into France before '43. And sometimes, Russia can't quite last, very well, at least, till then. Nail biter!

I actually don't bite my nails, but I sure lean forward in my chair.

Anyways, that's what I do. Suggestions for improvements would be appreciated. And if I'm saying something newer players should discover for themselves, please let me know. In the beginning, as Russia, I got crushed many a time, and that was on standard ratings.

Also Anyways, this is the best game I've seen on the computer, for someone like me (an old Civ fan, Clash of Steel, Third Reich before computers, and on that goes). Everyone is all psyched up for Global, me no less, but goodness, this game will always be on my hard drive (unless my wife gets mad and deletes it).