Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

FSAA??

THumpre

Gentlemen, Thank you in advance and I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. My question is this: I have a GeForce Ultra 64mb DDR and it supports Full Screen Anti-Aliasing. Not to sound like a complete idiot but what the hell is that? I have checked several places and did a search on this board and the consensus is- no consensus. What does this really do? Advantages? Disadvantages? I turned it on and started up CM and damned if I could tell any difference. What am I looking for? Should I find something more important to worry about? Will the Kings win the Stanley? I'm just full of questions and almost any answers would be welcome

------------------

When one goes tear-assing around, one often ends up with a torn ass.

FSAA slightly blurs the entire screen image to make the picture less pixelated. It also takes a bit of horsepower to run it, so you'll want to make sure you have a fast enough processor, or you'll likely see a pretty big performance hit. However, I think it's all done on the video card, so as long as your card is fast enough, you should be alright.

I have seen screenshots, and I don't see much of a difference between say 800x600 with FSAA and 1024x768 without FSAA. You're probably running CM at a high enough resolution that you can't see much of a difference anyway. But now that you know what to look for, maybe you will notice. smile.gif

Personally, I care more about the gameplay than the graphics. wink.gif

BeWary

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

You must make sure you check the box to "Force FSAA" CM will not use it unless you force its use in the FSAA options box. Once forced you will see a lot of reduced shimmering when scrolling around.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918