ridiculously hard?

Magnum50

theirs a difference between having to think and having to quess... BTW, I moved past this mission long ago... it just kinda sucks to have to play each and every mission 10 times plus till you "guess" what your suppose to do... IE: sneak up on the convoy then identify them, 750 yards away and your too far, less then 700 and your dead... so I had to play and re-play till i found the secret distance for success.

Thx for the info.

Those are piece of cake mission. Wait till you reach mission 4 on Weserung (German side)

if some hero manages to pass that mission I would appreciate some tips ;)

LOL in daylight a German Destroyer Squadron plu two S-Booast trying to take and kill "all ships" of a British Cruiser Squadron plus one destroyer squadron and a large group of MTB.

I just managed the mission one at the cost of all my ships except one. I did not even considered to accept that ressoult so I am trying and trying LOL

Well I finally managed to pass all Wesserung missions and now I am on the next Chapter on the Channel.

For passing those missions, basically you have to play from the map and give commands to all ships.

Those of you familiar with Destroyer Command would have no trouble passing the missions.

Get your squadrons organized in proper formations and wipe out the enemy.

Said this, I have to add this is completely absurd for a PT game/sim. I bought this game to command a single boat and do PT boat missions and now I have to move to the map board to command cruissers destroyers and multiple of MTB. Not really what I had in mind when I was waiting for this title.

Also the action is a bit absurd, basically all the matches are huge formations of destroyers and cruissers steaming dangerously close and head on with the enemy formations.

Ther is no much space for tactics or anaything else, simply fire and move.

The game has been developed with nice features like signal flares, search lights and other stuff you cannot use on this type of engagements.

All this would be fixed when we have a usable mission editor to create realistic scenarios to use the boats the way they are supposed to be used.

On the meantime, remember, play from the map and make sure you give commands to all ships involved, think of them as "brainless" so be their "Commodore" :cool:

Ahh and do not forget to use smoke. The enemy cannot see through it and it is absolutely essential to win some engagements.

Well I finally managed to pass all Wesserung missions and now I am on the next Chapter on the Channel.

For passing those missions, basically you have to play from the map and give commands to all ships.

Those of you familiar with Destroyer Command would have no trouble passing the missions.

Get your squadrons organized in proper formations and wipe out the enemy.

Said this, I have to add this is completely absurd for a PT game/sim. I bought this game to command a single boat and do PT boat missions and now I have to move to the map board to command cruissers destroyers and multiple of MTB. Not really what I had in mind when I was waiting for this title.

Also the action is a bit absurd, basically all the matches are huge formations of destroyers and cruissers steaming dangerously close and head on with the enemy formations.

Ther is no much space for tactics or anaything else, simply fire and move.

The game has been developed with nice features like signal flares, search lights and other stuff you cannot use on this type of engagements.

All this would be fixed when we have a usable mission editor to create realistic scenarios to use the boats the way they are supposed to be used.

On the meantime, remember, play from the map and make sure you give commands to all ships involved, think of them as "brainless" so be their "Commodore" :cool:

Ahh and do not forget to use smoke. The enemy cannot see through it and it is absolutely essential to win some engagements.

And that was my concern all along ... it seems that the Devs decided, for some strange reason, that it was necessary to have the larger ships play such a role. As you rightly point out, I wanted this game to be an MTB/MGB focused game ... instead it seems to be a bastard hybrid of Destroyer Command with some MTBs thrown in for ... flavor?

I could ignore that ... with a Mission Editor.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

This is the least amount of fun I have had since my hemorrhoid operation. No fun at all. Over complicated missions that take too long and too much guesswork. And it runs quite poorly on my quad core with mid range vid card. Just doesn't look or feel that great. This is defiantly a pass unless you hardcore into games like this. I will stick with the other BF homegrown games.

I have to agree with Furia139. I have read up on British/German Coastal Forces in the North sea and the Med and I must say normal mode of operation was hit and run attacks on convoys at night as they were too vulnerable to their opponents airpower. Sure there were some combined ops with other Naval forces but they were not the 'Bread and Butter' of Coastal Forces.

My main hobby is flying the hugely modded Combat Flight Simulator 3 which nowadays doesn't resemble the out of the box game at all. One inspired individual had created drivable models of a Vosper MTB and a S-Boot. You can steer them, man the gun positions and fire torpedos. As they are converted aircraft models, they have their idiosyncracies but they are great fun and you can build your own missions for them. I have and here's a video of one of them. I used them in the CFS3 MAW (Med. Air War) add-on.

I suppose I would have liked a superior and proper navalised version of this. I too find the campaign only missions too restrictive. I want to be able to sail the boat I want when I want and not have to wonder when I'll end up sailing my favourites.