Elicense problems

lauter52

Another example of why this system stinks and why I don't buy more games from Battlefront. Got my physical copy of TOW2 for my birthday yesterday, installed it, then attempted to get my license. Well, no matter what combo of letters/numbers I keyed in (who knows if the one figure is a 1, an l, or what), I kept getting the message that the license couldn't be found.

I emailed customer support, got a message back saying they had to check with someone, and still have not heard back or got the game to work. I realize it is Christmas, but it's Christmas and my birthday for me too, and now I can't play what was gifted to me because of this insane copy protection.. I can only imagine the disappointment if a kid got a game and couldn't play it.

Flame me if you want, but that is my two cents. I have shied away from purchases from Battlefront for the Elicense reason, and this has only reinforced that decision.

Sorry I don't have an immediate answer for you regarding your license key. Martin will have to check it with a system I don't have access to. I tried the several of the key combinations myself and got the same error. I'm not sure why the key is so hard to read. The stickers are printed and attached by our 3rd party shipping partner. Some 501 errors are the result of an error on the server, but this most often happens when the license key is associated with a download. A large majority of 501 errors are due to errors in the characters entered.

Sorry to ruin your holiday. Martin may be able to answer you question tomorrow or possibly sometime later today (but I wouldn't guarantee that with the holiday).

Hi Lauter,

sorry to hear this. I assume that you have opened a support ticket already? If so, I'll be able to check your key shortly.

On the labels we print, there is a visible difference between 1 and I and O and 0: for example, the zero is crossed out. In order to make this more clear, we have recently (well, for a few months) also added all four of these on the label, to show you the difference. If you purchased TOW2, perhaps you still got one of the older labels where this is not the case.

Anyway, I'll get back to you through your ticket.