I want to like PTB but BF could do a better job convincing me...

Bahger

I'm curious about the game but BF's advance materials puzzle me.

-- What is the focus of the gameplay and does it reward deep knowledge of maritime warfare and tactics?

-- What is the theater and timeframe? Defense of coastal UK shipping c. 1941?

-- How can the player be managing a large-scale sea-battle while commanding a PT boat? That's an immersion-buster, surely?

-- What are the variety of missions and what is the tactical focus? If it's about PT Boat operations, it would involve defense against U-Boats, protection of allied convoy shipping in the English channel and (later) attacks on German shipping by night off the French coast. I get NO sense at of any historical fidelity in this sim (or is it a game?) whatsoever.

BF needs to get a handle on this and do a much better job marketing the game. I want to see reviews of the non-US release, as any deliberate omission raises doubts about the quality of the thing. As a serious tactical gamer I want to know more about integration of tactics into gameplay, historical fidelity, nature of missions, scale of operations and progress through a campaign (if there is one...is there?).

Come on, BF, I'm your target customer for this kind of product but I'm not going to buy it, or even download the demo, on the basis of a bunch of videos of ships shooting each other.

You are not going to download a free demo to try the game for yourself? You would rather Battlefront produce a ton of out-of-game marketing material instead?

Asking for a ton of pointless additional promotional material seems like a waste of time to me when a free demo will be available to see for yourself.