Version 1.01.2038 Available

Brit

- Fixed bug: sometimes the 'trade window' doesn't allow players to enter numbers

- The game-setup window now let's players individually adjust land-density, cities, gold, iron, food, and oil abundance.

- - This applies to random maps and custom maps/scenarios.

- - Added the same feature to the map-editor's random map generator tool.

- Changes to the AI:

- - Now, the AI can experience resource shortages

- - Fixed a bug that was causing the AI to be too passive

- - Added more behaviors to the AI to make it smarter

- Nukes automatically trigger war

- Added ability to turn-off the 'low oil' warning on the cursor (in the preferences window)

- Made adjustments to the pathfinding system to (hopefully) avoid the ship-beached-on-land problem

- Fixed problems with satellites:

- - The lifespan-countdown sometimes showed the wrong time until the satellite expires

- - Satellites were jumping to their target location after launch

- Fixed bug: Sometimes if aircraft land at the very end of a turn, they are not refueled

- Fixed a bug with food-shortage starvation

- Added warning popups that appear if you try to submit your turn and you're about to have a resource shortage.

Have a good Christmas.

Yay, better pathfinding for ships. I generally manage to ground a few per game.

I did think that it might be possible to have a "Unit Recovery" button somewhere along the sentry commands line.

IF unit = naval AND terrain <> sea AND not in city THEN activate recovery button

IF recovery button THEN locate nearest terrain = sea THEN set postion (unit)

I assumed cities might count as land ;) of course...that's probably just as hard to code and would doubtless lead to processing time overload especially when there are 50+ naval units on the map :)

Merry Christmas to all, and especially me cause I just used that as an excuse and bought the full game :D

Never have I seen such quick and frequent updates from a developer. Our faith in buying this game out of the box has paid off. Really love the AI enhancements.

One thought: The auto-updates on game start-up are great. But for those who don't have the game and don't visit the forums, I wonder if Battlefront should "advertise" how well this game is being improved? It may push some others off the fence and increase sales...I know I am always impressed when I see a new update for a game touted on the Battlefront home page.

Never have I seen such quick and frequent updates from a developer. Our faith in buying this game out of the box has paid off. Really love the AI enhancements.

Thanks. I just think that's how software should be done. Plus, I want to make a great game.

One thought: The auto-updates on game start-up are great. But for those who don't have the game and don't visit the forums, I wonder if Battlefront should "advertise" how well this game is being improved? It may push some others off the fence and increase sales...I know I am always impressed when I see a new update for a game touted on the Battlefront home page.

Yes, you're probably right about that. I'll pass it on to the publisher.