Theatre of war II Africa 1943 broke both my computers

Baseliner

Hi all, i think i have a serious problem.

I tought Theatre of war II was a great game, so i purchased a copy.

I got some errors during installing, but the installation continued.

I also installed the game on my other computer, which also got some errors.

After rebooting the computers, we had a serious problem.

Windows wouldn't start at all.

The first computer reboots itself after the windows logo and loading part.

The other computer gets an blue screen in the booting process.

Please help me, both my computers are now messed up.

Its obvious the game caused it.

Sorry to hear that, but the game can do no such thing. Not even the worst possible scenario that can happen during installation can have this kind of effect, because the installer is not changing or even touching any of the Windows core functions. I'm afraid we won't be able to help you with your two PCs, but of course if you require support for getting your game installed once you have your PCs up and running, you can use the www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and we'll be glad to help.

Baseliner - We're sorry you are having problems with your computers, but as Moon stated, I doubt our game installs would have messed up your computers unless there was something else wrong already. In which case installing anything or making large writes to your hard drive may have caused the problem.

I believe the TOW2 installer does launch the DirectX update (a Microsoft installer that is available on the Internet). Do you know if this process was the one that had errors ? Admittedly this update DOES touch some system files (the DirectX ones), but I don't know why it would have given errors unless there was something wrong with the system.

Recovering from these problems can be pretty complicated and may involve some decisions that will result in data loss. If you cannot press F8 to boot into Safe Mode then you will most likely need to boot up your computer with the appropriate Windows install disc (if that is available to you, many name-brand computers no longer come with one). At this point the options get a bit too complicated to go over in our support forum. There are possibilities of 'repair', but they involve a lot of knowledge of what may be happening and what files might be the culprit in the reboots/blue-screens.

The other, more common, option is to reinstall Windows. However this may NOT fix the problem if the problem is registry-based or involves additional Windows programs that aren't a part of your Windows CD/DVD (.NET, etc.). A reinstall should "refresh" your Windows files with the version that is on the CD. That means you would most likely need to run updates over again and possibly download and install Service Packs that may not be part of the install on the Windows CD/DVD. A reinstall however may cause a number of programs to stop working because of replaced files, etc.

Depending on what other computers you have access to and how important the programs and/or data are on your two computer you may want to contract with a computer service shop to attempt to restore your Windows to a working state. However, depending on labor costs, they or you may opt to "reformat" the hard drive and start over - a process that you can do yourself (unless you want to back up data/programs/files - that's a little more complicated with a non-booting system).

If you have a lot of patience and access to another computer, you can lookup your problems on the Internet and browse through some of the suggestions you find. This may involve a lot of reading and possibly other software downloads and possibly the need to remove the hard drive to hook it up to another computer.

Again, we're sorry that you experienced computer problems while installing our games, but the games installers themselves are not buggy to cause these sorts of problems.