Version 1.01.1609 Available

Brit

Notable changes/fixes:

- Reduced memory use

- - Reduced memory-use by 20% or more when playing the game

- - Save-game files are about 35% smaller (which also means faster loads/saves)

- Faster AI

- - In one test case involving a 4000x3200 map and 5 AI on turn 110, the AI processing time was halved

- Fixed bug: Nuclear Bombers running out of fuel/not destroying target

- Altered the AI to reduce wolfpack attacks (where players jump in and attack players already at war)

- Fixed bug: Game sometimes crashes after forming a team

- Added "oil shortage/low oil" icons to the cursor, and a warning message when submitting turn

If I buy this now (or going forward) will the version I get be the latest, or will I have to also download the patch(es)? Not that it matters much I guess, as the support seems really good and turnaround time on new patches rather rapid :)

You will have to run the in-game updater to get up to speed on the latest version.

In a 10 player game (1 = human, 2 - 10 = AI), AI no. 10 won't finish giving orders. If you save and reload the orders are given and the turn progress, but the same happen the next turn. In a 9 player game, this doesn't happen.

Ah. You're right. If the 10th player is an AI, he isn't being triggered to start his next turn after turn-processing is done. I'll get out an update to correct this soon.

In a 10 player game (1 = human, 2 - 10 = AI), AI no. 10 won't finish giving orders. If you save and reload the orders are given and the turn progress, but the same happen the next turn. In a 9 player game, this doesn't happen.

I just put out a new update that fixes this problem.

Despiting the latest version and 9.12 drivers the bug still remain, I mean the bug of the green map. When you select the Zeppelin the map changes to green, that's intended right ?

Well, this thing happens automatically and always after few dozens of turn despiting the unit you select and there is no way to get rid of the green map ( the same everybody see I guess when selectin an air unit like the Zeppelin ). I have sent you a new mail wuth a new screenshot but the bug is the same.

Yeah I get this occasionally as well. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, and more with the Zep than biplanes, for instance.

Despiting the latest version and 9.12 drivers the bug still remain, I mean the bug of the green map. When you select the Zeppelin the map changes to green, that's intended right ?

Well, this thing happens automatically and always after few dozens of turn despiting the unit you select and there is no way to get rid of the green map ( the same everybody see I guess when selectin an air unit like the Zeppelin ). I have sent you a new mail wuth a new screenshot but the bug is the same.

IMO the solution must be searched into the " trigger " of that feature.

It simply triggers the function correctly at first turns then it triggers the function ALWAYS with no chance to untoggle it.

Brit, please take a look carefully cause playing the game that way it is like crossing a road with sunglasses at midnight during a snow storm.

Green? No, it shouldn't change to green.

I took a look at your screenshot. Very strange. This screenshot was a lot better than previous ones. One odd thing I noticed is that you can barely see the land and water terrain through the gray color.

Exactly. That " visual " is being triggered every time I select an air unit, that's the reason I thought every player had it and it was intended cause own cities are visible in a bright small circular area as you see in the screen shot.

I call it green anyway yes it could be closer to grey and the problem is that it doesn't let you see pretty much nothing. As you can see it happens randomly also to other players, on my game it popups ALWAYS, even if I select a terrain unit or city.

As I told you in the past the only workaround is selecting an own transport and click and order it to move close to shores, when doing that the map comes back to original state to come back eventually to the " grey " state the next turn. Rarely when placing a new trade may have the same beneficial effect but this happens once every 50 times roughly.

If you need me to let you have a small movie recording the facts from a " dynamic " point of view plz just let me know.

Thanks