Problem installing Africa Korps

ad_away

Please help. I'm having problems installing Combat Mission Africa Korps. The installer gets about 75% of the way threw and then gets stuck on a wave file, it doesn’t crash, it just keeps trying to install this one file and the time to finish gets longer and longer. I have plenty of hard disk left and my laptop can happily run it.

Ad

CMAK Tribbleshooting Forum

Try over at the techie end of the forum :)

Originally posted by ad_away:

Please help. I'm having problems installing Combat Mission Africa Korps. The installer gets about 75% of the way threw and then gets stuck on a wave file, it doesn’t crash, it just keeps trying to install this one file and the time to finish gets longer and longer. I have plenty of hard disk left and my laptop can happily run it.

Ad

This may be a faulty CD. If you purchased over the internet from Battlefront.com, then it should be possible to exchange the CD. If you purchased CMAK from a retail store it will be the CDV version and you'll need to contact their US office in order to get an exchanged CD.

But, before you do that, check the CD to make sure it doesn't have any blemishes that you can clean up (dust, streaks, etc.). If you're running Windows 2000 or XP, you could boot into Safe Mode (F8 on boot to get the menu) and I believe that CMAK should install in that mode. Safe Mode will eliminate any interference from other programs that have loaded up into memory. If you'd rather try within a normally booted environment you'll probably want to turn off any anti-virus programs that may be performing "auto protect" measures that could interfere with the file extraction.