Operating AirFleets in non-flying weather

Imho if an AirFleet is allowed to be operated in any weather condition out of harms way then why is it not allowed to just fly out of harms way in bad weather?(I can see not flying combat missions)There is noway possible you would be able to fly 100s of planes in a blinding snowstorm,or hurricane out of harms way so why should you be able to operate them?To prevent planes from being trapped by weather and being overrun by enemy ground troops we need to have weather reports that would give the forcast for the next week or two.Look how important it was for Dday.

All I can offer you a234 is that since SC turns are week(s) long the operating aircraft, in cooperation with the new airfield's communications, coordinate the rebasing and find that little window(of decent weather) in the turn's time period to pull off the mission.

For rebasing there is no enemy factor involved like in combat missions which rely on the interaction of the opposing forces, hence "the window" is at the convenience of the operating aircraft.

Say, SM ... what'd you have for Tex breakfast this morning?

OOoops! Sorry.

That's for... "twittering," or to put on yer facebook? Or myspace - heck I can't keep track of ALL the crazy ways to be connected nowadays... or could be? A new TV series like Ozzy the English (... every other word is a curse word) Goof had awhile back? Sure! You could send the little neighbor boy aloft in a hot-air balloon along with Elin Wood's 9-iron? And then the kid could do us all a BIG favor and drop the golf-club on Jon Gosselin's aggrieved head - since he has so many kids he can't count 'em all! Man, you'd have the MASS MEDIA drooling hyperbole - all over it! You could be a semi-celebrity!

Back O/T: I'd agree that in a one month period, there would be plenty of opportunities or "windows" to move highly mobile Air Fleets around. They could surely take off at some hour of the day or night, and would NOT be ALWAYS flying through bad weather. Whereas with a more static unit, they are restricted by immobility and inability to fly OVER the storm front.

But, I DO like arado234's notion about having "weather reports."

You could do it where the weather reports are mostly accurate, but... sometimes NOT accurate, as it is mostly done on our local weather channel.

THAT would certainly add in a REALISTIC sorta "random event." Come to think of it, VERY realistic.

Dern it DD, I was hopen that my weather related skills would give me the upperhand in SC global, what with my studies of Madden-Julian oscillation, La Nina, and El Nino I was about to predict some Global norming patterns.:D

Maybe get a grant, heck ...I just want my gubbermant check too!:rolleyes::confused: