Keep it up BF!

GSX

Just to balance out some perceptions of my attitude towards CMSF and the upcoming CMN Id like to say the following.

I like SF as a wargame. There is nothing that compares to it out there right now, and I think for the foreseeable future BF has this niche cornered. In a world where companies can put millions into games like COD BF has continued to cater for the wargamer, with a single programmer and a vision.

I see SF as a worthy successor to CM-1 and the ambition of the new modular system is, I think, a great one. SF, for me has been much maligned, some of it deservedly, some not, but as long as I and other continue to enjoy it, then I think the franchise has a lot of legs left in it. To this end I continue to support the game wherever I play games. Over at WaW I will continue to foster the ever growing SF community there and plan a few more tournaments next year, and yes even over at gamesquad I will continue to run an open SF forum for those that both like and dislike the game.

I think, and hope that with a return to ww2, CMx2 will engender the same spirit and size of community that CM-1 has.

So keep it up BF, a little criticism now and again is good for you.........

Well with all the stuff we've read about, it looks like friggin' game heaven over here...France, NATO, Afghanistan, Bulge, the Ost Front stuff...gonna be awesome.

Glad to see you are calmer than you were over that Tiger pic.

Mord.

P.S. When you go back over to your forum, punch Dudley Do-Wrong in the balls for me.

Oh and you are right, criticism is good for BFC and the game. When it's even tempered and respectful, I don't think most have a problem with it. I don't.

Mord.

P.S. Don't forget...the balls...not nose...balls.

I'm gonna jump in and say that I am very happy about BF and the oncoming tittles in the making.These guys are some smart individuals that really answered the calling of making good tactical military games for us to enjoy.

I like the ww2 style of play and will never get tired of it, but I was very happy to see a game like CMSF in modern times with modern weapons.I feel there needs to be more tittles with other nations in the modern era like Canada, Israel, Egypt ,China ,India, Turkey,Brazil and so on.Basically any major country with good weaponry.

BF has struck a good cord between 2 worlds.The ones who like ww2 and the ones who like modern era.

As it says, Keep it up BF!

Well with all the stuff we've read about, it looks like friggin' game heaven over here...France, NATO, Afghanistan, Bulge, the Ost Front stuff...gonna be awesome.

Glad to see you are calmer than you were over that Tiger pic.

Mord.

P.S. When you go back over to your forum, punch Dudley Do-Wrong in the balls for me.

Ah the Tiger pic, yes, I was a bit over the top there, but in the main, I stand by what I said.

As for Dudley, then, he, as everyone is at GS, is entirely entitled to their own opinions. Its not owned by BF after all, and in the majority, there is some excellent talk at GS that wouldnt be allowed here. For obvious reasons, one being that BF owns this site.

Just to balance out some perceptions of my attitude towards CMSF and the upcoming CMN Id like to say the following.

I like SF as a wargame. There is nothing that compares to it out there right now, and I think for the foreseeable future BF has this niche cornered. In a world where companies can put millions into games like COD BF has continued to cater for the wargamer, with a single programmer and a vision.

I see SF as a worthy successor to CM-1 and the ambition of the new modular system is, I think, a great one. SF, for me has been much maligned, some of it deservedly, some not, but as long as I and other continue to enjoy it, then I think the franchise has a lot of legs left in it. To this end I continue to support the game wherever I play games. Over at WaW I will continue to foster the ever growing SF community there and plan a few more tournaments next year, and yes even over at gamesquad I will continue to run an open SF forum for those that both like and dislike the game.

I think, and hope that with a return to ww2, CMx2 will engender the same spirit and size of community that CM-1 has.

So keep it up BF, a little criticism now and again is good for you.........

Nice one GSX.

Thanks. Yup, well thought out and argued criticism is always a good thing for us. At the very least it helps us prioritize improvements, at best it gives us ideas that we might not have otherwise come up with completely on our own. While "design by committee" produces disasters, "designed in a closet" is probably just as bad.

Steve

As for Dudley, then, he, as everyone is at GS, is entirely entitled to their own opinions. Its not owned by BF after all, and in the majority, there is some excellent talk at GS that wouldnt be allowed here. For obvious reasons, one being that BF owns this site.

You are a very patient man and the best choice to be the moderator "over there". In my case, I have way too short a fuse to be a moderator anywhere...:)

I agree but when CMSF first came out BFC had to spend a lot of time convincing the CMx1 veterans of why the CMx2 engine was better and how the way forward was better with modules etc.

I feel a little sorry for BFC that they are going to have to go over the same ground again as CMx1 veterans that didn't buy CMSF will bring up some of the old issues of the differences between the two engines and the difference in scope of CMx2 titles compared to CMx1.

Maybe they should setup a sticky FAQ thread about such issues with links to relevant threads.