Diplomacy problem when not playing as player 1?

Innocence

Started a new game (registered, v777), myself and 2 AI's. Chose to play as player 2 (Germany). US declared war on me, and a little later I declared war on France (via the unit popup). War is total and fighting is intense.

However the Diplomacy screen looks weird. It only lists Germany and France, stating I'm at war with Germany (myself?), and I've got the option to Declare War on France (again?).

I'm not able to offer peace to either enemy, since US isn't showing and France only lists options to Declare war, not peace.

Is this a known problem?

If necessary I'll attach a screenshot, but should be easy to reproduce.

Yep, I have got this too. I am playing the world map with 10 players and on the diplomacy screen I cannot see the USA although I can see the USA on the trade screen. Can I also comment that as well as not being very active and not engaging in diplomacy the AI also tends to let you off the hook- I invaded Chinese occupied Australia and managed to capture Sydney and Melbourne. However, a Chinese counter-blow destroyed my forces leaving the two cities defenceless but still notionally under my control. Then the AI offered a peace treaty which not surprisingly I accepted. I am now building up my forces in the two cities awaiting the right moment to strike again. I know the AI cannot 'see' the screen as a human would and make a decision based on their position in relation to an enemy but I would have though the AI would be able to assess when to offer peace (on the ropes) and when not (when I was on the ropes!).