Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Artillery

Hi all!

Quick question on Arty ammo:

It seems my on call btty has HE(selected by Pers and general missions), some sort of anti-armour round (different than HE general I guess?) and smoke. But If I expend all my HE on a anti-pers fire mission, my on call BTTY is now empty! Should he not still have a full ammo supply of anti-armour and smoKe?

Also-

1.what specific type of anti-armour rounds are modeled for the Arty missions?

2.Anti-Pers missions I guess are fused with prox, but what are general fuzed at? super quick? Why not add a delay fuze setting to set off the rounds inside buildings?

my observations.

cheers,

Motorfix

"Armor" is HE fuzed delay. "General" (PD), "Personnel" (VT), and "Armour" (Delay) all draw from the same pool of HE rounds.

Yes, in principle, you probably should retain access to your smoke after firing all the HE, but you don't. Now you know that, so just deal with it ;)

CMSF is not WIFT or IFOT or anything like that, and the current artillery model is adequate in terms of what is required for the game.