since ships can do it... can plane too?

MagicKoji

I was wondering, since you can give ships multiorders. can you give this ability for planes. as an example. I would have a plane based at a city or airport, and have it do a systematic search in a 360 arc. Going from the city to the outer flight limit and back, instead of just having one order per turn. Can I give it multiple orders to do this search.

thanks.

Uhhh... unless Brit messed something up in the patching process and it no longer works, planes could do patrolling without much problem.

Select a plane, use CTRL+rightclick to give it a path for your patrol. Make sure it can get back to base after it finished all your orders. When you're done setting the path, click the Repeat Orders button above the main map area (the yellow "recycle"-like button). Your plane should repeat the route you've given it every turn thereafer.

Be informed though that there's been some erratic behaviour here in the past. Sometimes the planes refused to repeat the orders (the repeat orders button was pressed on the next turn but the plane had no orders anymore). I don't know to what extend this had been fixed.

I don't think he's asking for patrol/repeat same orders. He's asking if you can give planes several orders which will carry over to the following turns, ie. select a plane, the give it orders for the next 10-15 turns (for example to the whole area around a city) and then forget about it.

I don't think it's currently possible, but it would be nice if it was

Uhhh... unless Brit messed something up in the patching process and it no longer works, planes could do patrolling without much problem.

Select a plane, use CTRL+rightclick to give it a path for your patrol. Make sure it can get back to base after it finished all your orders. When you're done setting the path, click the Repeat Orders button above the main map area (the yellow "recycle"-like button). Your plane should repeat the route you've given it every turn thereafer.

Be informed though that there's been some erratic behaviour here in the past. Sometimes the planes refused to repeat the orders (the repeat orders button was pressed on the next turn but the plane had no orders anymore). I don't know to what extend this had been fixed.

Yes I know about the patrol. But what I meant was to be able to give planes a search pattern to eat through the dark and mysterious haze that surrounds my world. :)

Yes I know about the patrol. But what I meant was to be able to give planes a search pattern to eat through the dark and mysterious haze that surrounds my world. :)

Right now, there's an issue with aircraft when you give them orders to "move to X" + "land here" + "move to Y". The game needs to include the landing in the range calculation.