Can anyone explain unit combat stats?

willgamer

The manual seems a bit sketchy for this newb....

Could someone explain in plain english how to interpret the combat stats for a unit (pick a unit, any unit)?

Also, there seems to be a transport unit for shipping units and production around that I can't find in the game.

Could someone explain in plain english how to interpret the combat stats for a unit (pick a unit, any unit)?

Whoops. The Unit Description window's Question Mark needs some decent explanation of the combat stats. Are you asking about the "Attack: vs Soft" section or the Combat Value section?

Whoops. The Unit Description window's Question Mark needs some decent explanation of the combat stats. Are you asking about the "Attack: vs Soft" section or the Combat Value section?

Mostly the entire Attack section, both against units and against cities.

Is one of the numbers a "to hit probibility"?

Is one a damage?

When there are multiple possible targets, like in a city, is just one chosen for attack? How is it picked?

The Unit Description window's Question Mark takes me to the manual. Is that what you mean?

Mostly the entire Attack section, both against units and against cities.

Is one of the numbers a "to hit probibility"?

Yes. I think I'll go update the manual with this information. Then, I'll post my help information here once I update it (so you can see it before getting the next update).

Is one a damage?

Sometimes. It depends on the category.

When there are multiple possible targets, like in a city, is just one chosen for attack? How is it picked?

It depends. For example, if a city has ground units, aircraft, and ships, a strategic bomber will hit the city-infrastructure -- city improvements, population, in-production items. But, a tactical bomber prefers hitting units. There's a system in the rules that helps units decide what they're going to hit. But, if a tactical bomber hits a city with multiple tanks and infantry, it is random which ones it will hit.

The Unit Description window's Question Mark takes me to the manual. Is that what you mean?

Yes, but the window should be smart enough to take you to the exact page in the manual for that information.

Also, there seems to be a transport unit for shipping units and production around that I can't find in the game.

I added a game-manual page in the new update to explain this. Click the "?" in the upper-right corner of the Unit Description window to see the information.