TCP/IP game connected but data doesn't loads

Hey there,

I got this really strange problem last week, me and my friend were about to play a TCP/IP game, which worked before, but now when I connect his computer I stay stuck on the "TCP/IP connected, Downloading scenario data, this may take a few moments, etc..." window.

Obviously the data doesn't download at all, while my friend is already giving his orders !!!

I hope you guys may have a clue. I searched the BFC forums in vain.

Thanks

Paulus

So your friend is hosting and your the guest ? Is this CMBB or CMAK ? Do you both have the same version, 1.03 or 1.04 ? They actually should work with each other, but just in case there is an issue.

Have you or he changed anything about anti-virus/firewall/internet-security programs, including new components/utilities ?

Have you made multiple attempts to connect during that session (eg: closed down your client and attempted to connect again) ? Did you have your opponent restart the game and then try to connect ?

Yes, he is hosting, I am the guest.

This is CMBB, we both have v1.03.

I don't remember having changed anything between the few days when it worked, then didn't worked anymore.

I made multiple attempts to connect. We tried a new game and a TCP save. He also restarted the game at each attempt.

Connection seems to work but I get stuck on the "data D/L" window. My opponent gets to the battlefield but waits for me in vain.

Strange !

I believe the host will **always** get to the battlefield, regardless of the status of the guest connection. I might be wrong on that point, but that's been my recollection.

Has anything changed on your opponent's computer; updated anti-virus/firewall, etc. ? I can only guess that something may be interfering with the connection, which would often be some sort of software firewall/anti-virus utility, etc. You both may want to temporarily disable any internet-security applications you may be running and see if the CMBB connection is anymore consistent.