Will we be able to link the Axis and Japs forces

In the previous installments of WAW one could not coordinate an attack on the russians on two fronts and have the Japanese Link up withthe Nazi's in White Russia. The Japanese were not "allowed" to advance west which kind of ruined any chance of a what if and made the game seem too historically scripted.

Is this possible now?

:)

Actually now that I have reread this question I think gundolf may have also been referring to how the map was previously split, i.e. now that the split no longer divides the USSR but rather the US, the Axis and Allied strategies, movements and defensive planning will be much more flexible and *ideally* hypothetical (as suggested above) in nature ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I've played many scenarios/campaigns on WaW), but the Japanese do not exist in WaW, it is only the European theater involved. Perhaps Gundolf is referring to the Global add-on to the original Blitzkrieg? If so, he's right, the Japanese could not crossover, and if Russia surrendered, it was given entirely to the Germans, no matter what territory the Japanese may have conquered. If there was a mod given for WaW or PDE as a Global one, I'm certainly not aware.

A thought concerning names for the new campaigns in Global Conflict: I would think naming campaigns after certain regional events such as Operation this or that wouldn't work very well in Global game. For example, in June of 1944 Operation Overlord was going on in France, while later that same month Operation Bagration was occurring in western Russia and Poland. Meanwhile, other important events were occurring roughly the same time in the western Pacific with the U.S. and Japan. Naming a campaign Operation whatever doesn't really fit. How about Campaign Spring 1944-48 for example? Doesn't have a great sound to it, but probably more accurate in this global setup. Any thoughts?

Snowstorm,

You made me think… How about titling games with historical references. Like summer 1942 as “Axis High Tide,” or better yet quote Churchill (his eloquent rhetoric is by far the best in the English speaking world). Summer 1942, “the end of the beginning,” and the entry of the US, “So we had won after all!”

Robert

That's a jolly good idea, old chap! :D

Wait a minute, are you one 'o 'em Brits out there? Uh oh, I'm half Irish! (as well as half German) :eek: :D

Excellent, Robert, I think you guys have it nailed perfectly. :cool:

Oh, while I'm at it, how about a "what-if" getting Ireland involved....well, maybe not. :D