Jump to content

Marine Module deactivated by anti-virus/firewall after applying patch 1.21


Recommended Posts

Yesterday I reported that after applying the new patch I lost my marine module. After some advice I deactived my anti-virus program (Trend Micro Pro) and reinstalled the patch. Presto, my marine module was back. Life was good. Today I went back and found the Marine module missing again. After experienting I found that when I deactivate my anti-virus program, the marine module is activated. When I turn it on, it disapears. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's absolutely strange that it would affect just a module and not the whole game. It would appear that the Trend Micro Pro anti-virus needs to update its heuristics and/or signature files.

Does the program allow for ignoring or putting files/directories in a 'safe list' ? If there is such a feature, then you may want it to exempt the /Program Files/Battlefront/Combat Mission Shock Force/ directory and the /Windows/Runservice.exe file. I'm assuming that somehow the Trend Micro program is interfering with the eLicense process somehow. Strangely it is only affecting the Marines module and not the base CMSF game itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does not allow you to put the directories in a "safe life", but you can add "exe" files to a exception list for unauthorized changes. I previously add the "CM Shock Force.exe" and the "CMSF Marine Module.exe" to the list. Per you post, I added the "Runservice.exe" file too. However, I see no change.

Yes it is only the Marine Module affected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi There,

I have the same problem with the Brit module. Every now and then, the module just disappears from the menu, even though all the files are in tact. I just re-install and the module then reappears ingame. This has happened 5 or 6 times so far. My AV prog is Kaspersky but I'm not sure that AV software is the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, Javolenus, the AV software is the issue. They are mistaking the encryption of the exe for malware.

What I did in AVG:

- set exception for certain folders and/or files

- disable Heuristics scans (that's the most important one, since there is no "known virus" at work here, your AV is "guessing")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...