Marine Module deactivated by anti-virus/firewall after applying patch 1.21

Yesterday I reported that after applying the new patch I lost my marine module. After some advice I deactived my anti-virus program (Trend Micro Pro) and reinstalled the patch. Presto, my marine module was back. Life was good. Today I went back and found the Marine module missing again. After experienting I found that when I deactivate my anti-virus program, the marine module is activated. When I turn it on, it disapears. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.

That's absolutely strange that it would affect just a module and not the whole game. It would appear that the Trend Micro Pro anti-virus needs to update its heuristics and/or signature files.

Does the program allow for ignoring or putting files/directories in a 'safe list' ? If there is such a feature, then you may want it to exempt the /Program Files/Battlefront/Combat Mission Shock Force/ directory and the /Windows/Runservice.exe file. I'm assuming that somehow the Trend Micro program is interfering with the eLicense process somehow. Strangely it is only affecting the Marines module and not the base CMSF game itself.

It does not allow you to put the directories in a "safe life", but you can add "exe" files to a exception list for unauthorized changes. I previously add the "CM Shock Force.exe" and the "CMSF Marine Module.exe" to the list. Per you post, I added the "Runservice.exe" file too. However, I see no change.

Yes it is only the Marine Module affected.

Hi There,

I have the same problem with the Brit module. Every now and then, the module just disappears from the menu, even though all the files are in tact. I just re-install and the module then reappears ingame. This has happened 5 or 6 times so far. My AV prog is Kaspersky but I'm not sure that AV software is the issue.

Yes, Javolenus, the AV software is the issue. They are mistaking the encryption of the exe for malware.

What I did in AVG:

- set exception for certain folders and/or files

- disable Heuristics scans (that's the most important one, since there is no "known virus" at work here, your AV is "guessing")