Version 0.97.11892 is available

Brit

- Changed the 'Updates and Downloads' system - better interface + some people had problems getting it to work on their computer

- Fixed a variety of issues with the AI, making it smarter

- Fixed Scenario Editor bug: FreeTechnology is not working right

- Fixed Scenario Editor bug: Scroll problem with the Player-Restrictions window

- Fixed Scenario Editor bug: Forts can now be named

- Fixed an AI bug that could cause the AI to run slow, hang

- Fixed a crash

- Added a hotkey (Z) that steps through the idle units. It begins with the top-most idle unit in the reports window and works down.

- Fixed Bug: units building an airfield showed up on the "idle units" list

- Fixed display glitches with airfield-build indicator

I'm still getting the error from the save game. Has the error been fixed and maybe I just need to start a new game?

I can see what's wrong with the file, but I'm not sure how it happened. I can send you back a fixed version of the file if you want to keep playing, but I don't know that it won't happen again.

Are you saying the file somehow got screwed up and the game doesn't need patching to fix the situation?

I'm not worried about continuing this file. I was in the closing stages. The two veteran ai enemies didn't do much and I was way ahead. I'll start another game and hopefully with the new patch the ai will do better.

Are you saying the file somehow got screwed up and the game doesn't need patching to fix the situation?

No, no. The game does need patching. I'm just not quite sure how this happened, how to reproduce it, or how to fix it. I have one idea about how it might've happened, but I'm only 50% sure about it. I'm going to look around a little more and see if I can find the cause. But, I also thought I'd offer to give you the repaired files in case you wanted to keep playing.