Global Conflict Editor

Hubert,

In the previous Global War add-on to Blitzkrieg, there was an annoying glitch that would change parent countries' identities (Japan would become France, France would become (of all things) ESTONIA, etc. whenever one attempted to save an edited version (or even unedited) of the Global War feature in the Blitzkrieg Game Editor. :eek: I would assume this was a unique problem with Blitzkrieg since the problem did not ever occur for me in Weapons and Warfare or Patton Drives East. Has anyone considered this potential problem in a Game Editor for the new upcoming Global Conflict? I don't think anyone here has addressed this yet. :confused:

You need to save the customized localization.txt file along with an edited campaign, else the game reverts to the default localization.txt countries, etc. Is this the problem or are you seeing something different? I have not experienced this issue with any of the SC2 editors.

Actually, I'm not sure what you mean by "localization.txt file", but I have edited many "customized" versions of the different SC scenarios using "save as" in Game Editor, and never had a problem with it with any of the other expansions until I got the Global War scenario add-on that became available for Blitzkrieg about a year ago. Are you sure no one else has had this problem? It didn't seem to be a problem related to my computer. For reference, I have a Dell Dimension E510 Pentium D (2.8 GHZ) with Windows XP and 2 Gigs RAM memory.