One big wish for Global Conflict II

I know this one wish is most difficult... no way we could have it for Global Conflict I. But maybe later...

I wish, some day, we will have a global conflict game that plays out in an spherical map.

It seems GC's map will be a cylindrical projection of the globe. Cylindrical projections work by stretching the northernmost and southernmost latitudes, while compressing the equatorial latitudes. Needless to say, this distorts distances.

It would be fantastic if some day we have a global game that plays out in a global (spherical) map!

It would be fantastic if some day we have a global game that plays out in a global (spherical) map!

I found this Cylindirc Isse challenging mostly on the Norway-Britain distances, as the Sea distances by Cylindric Projections may become too streched for a Bomber/Fighter.

In former SC series, Axis didn't really need to Place any Bombers or Fighters into Norway for Convoy Protection, but i think this is adressed nicely now. Aditionally some Streching by one single filed of Scotlands East Coast, and an aditional Focus onto the British Islands Scale makes it possible for UK Bombers to "reach" Norway without Problems and vice versa allready.

I think forget cylindrical - it needs to be a google earth type of spherical 3d map which is zoomable - now THAT is what we need. The work would be quite heavy to do that because you would need to make it graphically even and adjust for the changes since WW 2 - for example, there are many rivers in the USSR that now have dams that created lakes - large reservoirs, that were build post-war.

Just as an aside, as I create my world map and look at all these towns and cities in the Russian hinterland, almost all were replete with references to gulags, forced slave labor, etc... really vile stuff.

I still think the Earth is flat :)

When you are constantly checking yer EMO look in the mirror, sure, EVERYTHING appears... flat.

The shelves where you keep all yer golfing trophies? Flat.

Right next to those, all them 2nd place ribbons for losing SC games to Terif? Flat.

The little red-white & blue bicycle you use to ride when delivering small-town newspapers (... has got that little bell and a baseball trading-card attached to the spokes with a clothes-pin), well, that's flat too.

Yer HUGE framed photo where you are staring up in admiration @ J Swaggart?

Flat.

Flat flat flat flat. All is flat.

And, that, as they say -> is that.

Though... you DO realize that all is... desrever?

When you are constantly checking yer EMO look in the mirror, sure, EVERYTHING appears... flat.

The shelves where you keep all yer golfing trophies? Flat.

Right next to those, all them 2nd place ribbons for losing SC games to Terif? Flat.

The little red-white & blue bicycle you use to ride when delivering small-town newspapers (... has got that little bell and a baseball trading-card attached to the spokes with a clothes-pin), well, that's flat too.

Yer HUGE framed photo where you are staring up in admiration @ J Swaggart?

Flat.

Flat flat flat flat. All is flat.

And, that, as they say -> is that.

Though... you DO realize that all is... desrever?

Desert Dave:

Troop leader to Raven. Raven come in please.

Troop leader calling Raven.

Troop leader to Raven, talk to me, Johnny.

Troop leader calling the Baker Team:

Rambo, Terif, Ortega, Coletta,

Jorgensen, Danforth, Berry, Krakauer, ------> DESERT DAVE

Confirm.

Colonel Trautman speaking.

Talk to me, Johnny.

They're all gone, Sir.

Where have you been soldier? Basking in the DMZ holding off the Northern Exposure for Mrs. Clinton?

My music has changed when I hair flip in the mirror since I've last driven I-84 Boise town. I've converted Buddy Holly's "Crying, Waiting, Hoping" into quite the Gospel song. Turning Point via David Jeremiah mixed with Savage Nation keeps me on the right wavelength from this present day Twilight Zone.

I must agree with Nupremal, a Google Earth real-time map would be quite the game. I could even become a character villian in Global Conflict-SC. Ship me an ankle bracelet, you'll catch me on the back nine.

It is what it is.

-Legend

DesertDave!

So it is true, the dead will rise from their graves!

;)

Or better: where have you been, and welcome back!

Thanks X-ww. :)

It's good to be back, though in a very real sense I've never been gone. Wargaming is in the blood, and has been for many more years than I care to admit to.

Reading through the exciting new list of added enhancements and features, surefire, it looks as though this Global game is gonna be something to behold!

Well, as I've ever said, it is the SC forum members who so often make the most innovative suggestions, and have since the beginning, so no time for enny of us to stop now.

------------------------------

JJR: Don't hardly know where I've been, other than riding that ghostly old roller coaster out at Palisades Park, but I DO remember some of what I said & did while I most definitely was NOT -> in Boise.

Say, BTW... yer writing has become even more arcane & wyrd than ever it was. Well, cool wrap-around shades on the laugh-a-lot babes so lithe and lively astroll the evening-tide beach out in So-Cal Laguna, is the one thing I CAN quite clearly recall. That help?