TCP/IP Problems CMBB and WIN 7

I'm not sure why CMBB would behave differently from CMAK on the same machine.

At what point does CMBB crash when attempting to host a TCPIP game ? What version of CMBB does your opponent have that you're playing against.

One thing you could possibly try, though it may make little or no difference, is to copy (NOT move) the 'OpenPlay.dll' from the CMAK root install to the CMBB root install and also copy the two files from the CMAK 'OpenPlay Modules' directory to the CMBB 'OpenPlay Modules' directory ('TCPIP.dll' & 'TCPIP.lib'). These files are probably all the exact same size and date, but it is one thing to try.

Did you purchase the 1.04 patches for CMAK and CMBB when they first came out ? I seem to recall a bug with one of them, but it may have been PBEM games with 1.03 version of CMAK and the new 1.04 patch.

Do you use any sort of software firewall/internet-security application ? Perhaps the CMBB executable needs to be listed in it as having access on TCP Port 7023 ?

Schrullenhaft Thanks for the reply.

CMBB crashes at the point where you enter the password just before it goes to the ip address screen.

I had just downloaded the V1.04 patch so assume it is the bug free version.

I have access through the firewall so thats not the issue nor is my opponents version, we never get to the stage where he can attempt a hook up.

I will try copying the openplay modules and see what happens.

I really like win7 but I am going back to xp if it means no tcp/ip play :-(