Ideas for movement

rich12545

Something to consider.

Each turn all units that are waiting for movement can be put in a queue. They can come up for the player one at a time. The player can move the unit, hot key for skip this turn, hot key for wait (unit goes to end of queue sequence). Units that are on sentry or in the middle of a several turn move would be skipped.

I think this would make turns easier and faster, especially when there are a lot of units all over the map. It would also eliminate the need for all those units on the left panel waiting for orders. When there are lots of units there it can be confusing.

Something to consider.

Each turn all units that are waiting for movement can be put in a queue. They can come up for the player one at a time. The player can move the unit, hot key for skip this turn, hot key for wait (unit goes to end of queue sequence). Units that are on sentry or in the middle of a several turn move would be skipped.

I think this would make turns easier and faster, especially when there are a lot of units all over the map. It would also eliminate the need for all those units on the left panel waiting for orders. When there are lots of units there it can be confusing.

(nod)

What about a key that jumps to the next unit needing orders? In this case, it would use the left-panel queue (units at the top first, then working its way down). It would sort of be an automated way to step-through the "needs orders" queue.

Great Idea!!!

Thats is exactly what i had hoped would be in the game from launch.

I hate having to look over every single unit and their destinations every single round. What about a 'view all destination-lines' hotkey?

The lessening of user-fatigue is paramount for a game of this type.

(nod)

What about a key that jumps to the next unit needing orders? In this case, it would use the left-panel queue (units at the top first, then working its way down). It would sort of be an automated way to step-through the "needs orders" queue.

Okay, in the next version, there's a hotkey (Z) that steps through the idle units. It begins with the top-most idle unit in the reports window and works down.