Car from ToW1

AleMichi

Today I have made another test:

I have run in the game the opel_tent with the PFiat621_driver and outcome show the same imperfections (the drive stand up in the middle of the cab).

Now I think that the problem should be in some links managing the driver position and animation.

Do you know if the "animator" line under the voice [CrewPlacement_Driver] links with the directory //Ai/Animator/SMesh/...?

Do you have the TOW Modding Faq 1.02 by Oudy? there is a part dealing with animation in it. I had a quick look, it might be very interesting for you to look at it if you did'nt already. Oudy is talking of how to create a new Panzer IV F1 and how to use the animation of an other model for the crew

you can find it in the Battlefront repository.

I believe the problem lies either in the way you added the animation files for the PFiat621_driver from ToW1 to ToW2, or it is a problem with the naming of the hooks (the game engine perhaps using an other hook as default).

If it seems the animation work correctly, but the hook used is not placed correctly, or if there is an offset in the animation, probably changing the values for its placement by editing the Msh file manually could do the trick.

It seems natural that putting an other vehicle crew animation in the fiat, the driver position doesn't match. I believe the positioning of the crew animation is relative to the entry point (driver_in) of the vehicle, and each vehicule have a different layout and crew position.

Do you know if the "animator" line under the voice [CrewPlacement_Driver] links with the directory //Ai/Animator/SMesh/...?

I don't know. But there is are files with an entry about the fiat in it:

animator.rc

HMesh/VehicleTables.ini

SMesh/VehicleTables.ini

vehicle.rc

I have read the TOW Modding Faq 1.02 by Oudy.

Thank for the help.

Using the hints by Oudy I have put the driver setting down in the right position in the cab, though it is moving the head in a strange way (it bangs continuously its head on the wheel).

I think that the problem now is the animations and its values in the /Ai/Animator/SMesh/VehicleTables.ini.

I have compared many files .ani and .han between ToW1 and ToW2 (opel_tent/ToW1 vs Opel_tent/ToW2, Kubelwagen, GMC, etc.) and all these files are exactly alike, therefore I believe that the files .ani and .han of the PFiat621_tent (I had copy from ToW1 and paste in ToW2) are working.

At this time I have no more questions, if you don't have any hints to help me, I must only try many numbers combination in //SMesh/vehicleTables.ini.

I hope to find the right set and share you as soon as available.

It is very hard.

Do you know something about the numerical combinations in AI/Animator/SMesh/vehicleTables.ini?

I know that the numbers in the Pfiat621_driver refer to the corrisponding lines in Ai/Animator/SMesh/animator.ini, but I don't know the right series.

is the "animation tables.xls" provided in the TOW Modding Faq 1.02 of any help in identifying the correct numbers?

I'm afraid I can't help you more on this subject, as I've not been working with animations yet.

The only work around I can think of if you can't manage to fix the Pfiat621_driver animation would be to use the animation of an other driver and move the hook to a position where the animation would match the car.

• 5 months later...

I have only a problem with crew get in-get out animations ( there isn't the animation with elefant , jagpanther etc ) while king tiger, panther animations are correct. I have copied all ani files in the right place but i didn't modify the ai\animations text files. Does anyone know how to do that? Tnx