AI purchase and research scripts and activation/dow question

I have the following problems:

Let´s say I write 2 scripts for AI purchase, first one with a 10 % chance for a corps, starting date is 01/01/1940 and the second one with a 20% chance for a corps, starting date is 01/01/1941. What is the result then? Is it a 30% chance in 1941, is only the second script active with 20% or do they work parallel with a 10% and a 20% chance. Does it work with AI research the same way for 2 scripts and 2 starting dates?

I have another question about event activationscripts or dowscripts: Let`s say I have Germany(Major), Denmark(Minor), Poland(Minor) and Benelux(Minor). Germany is at war with Poland,but Denmark and Benelux are Neutral or have a small acivation towards the allies.

Then Germany defeats Poland and they surrender. Now i´d like to see Denmark or Benelux to declare war on Germany( condition is that poland has surrendered), but I only want one of them, not both. How do I script this? I only found "acive" conditions such as if poland has surrendered declare war... and no conditions like: if poland has surrendered and denmark is not fully acive declare war and cancel denmark script or someting like this. I hope its understandable what i wanted say.

Hi Rintintin

The AI reads the scripts downwards, so if you place the one dated 1941 above the one dated 1940 in the script file, then before 1941 only the 1940 script will be active, but after 1941 it will be just the 1941 one. It will only read one of them, so make sure they're in the right order and you may need to adjust the percentages accordingly.

Regarding your second question, a solution might be to use the GV numbers that are in the scripts (at least all versions of SC from Patton Drives East onwards have this). You could use these to set the scripts so that in 50% of occasions Denmark declares war on Germany, and in the other 50% of occasions Benelux would do so.

I hope that helps.

Bill