*ahem* (1.21)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A first quick test did not reveal any evidence of this. How is it supposed to look like?

Best regards,

Thomm

I haven't seen it either.

Might have found a bug, just saw an Brits HQ with mortar become frozen in a fast move. They took a casualty, but kept going except the guy with the mortar. Suppression was gone and no medic was being done.

I now saw mini dust-clouds were the bullets impact, which last only a fraction of a second, or so it seems. Not what I expected (which was something along the lines of 1.20 arty dust clouds - persistent). This was on highest graphical detail, btw.

Best regards,

Thomm

What I am seeing does not look like dust, but debris radiating outward. I don't think a 10 diameter explosion of rock chunks (these look fist-sized or bigger in scale) is a realistic effect for, say, 5.56mm hitting the ground and adds very little graphically. I would much prefer "puffs" of dust with lingering/drifting dust clouds, although I understand that might be too graphically taxing.

Thanks for the patch BFC. I'm particulary grateful for the new m203 option for Marines.

What tme of day is it? I see sparks during night battles!

I just ran a quick test. Sparks at night, dust puffs in dirt during the day, apparently a spark/dust combo when impacting a road, quick particle splashes against pavement. This new feature is more complex than I had supposed! :eek: :rolleyes:

AKD,

Got a screenshot of that? Sounds like it could be a driver issue.

Adding the M203 option was a little more involved than I thought it would be, but obviously not too bad :) There's something similar with the Sniper Teams. They now have three weapon choices instead of just two. It's the Marines version of the already familiar M110 that is now available to them.

Steve

Is it my imagination (or an old v1.20 change)? Are mg fire bursts slightly longer now? Instead of a quick 'brap' sound it seems to be more a 'braap' or 'braaap'.

Probably due to the man burst thread? ^_^

But yeah, it seems that way. It seems like they fire longer bursts as their morale/discipline drops.