CMSF-2-temperate

GSX

Unfortunately, BFC's present "to do" list may take them up until retirement age, or until rising oceans indate Farmington, whichever comes first. I consider it a miracle a Russia/Afghanistan title is slated to spring forth like magic. If a Russian game house can work wonders like that, who's to say some yet-to-be-formed Vietnamese game house won't magically whip up a Vietnam war title too? Perhaps the French Indo-China war to start. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only real concern is that the Russians would be cast as the 'bad guys' in the background story. I like the Russians and I'd really like to do a proper Russian v NATO campaign played as RED.

Thanks buddy.:) We are sort of get used to be "bad" in the games. :D CoD: Modern warfare, Arma 2, World in Conflict... Even speaking of WW2 Eastern front there are far less games comparing to Western front and most of them depict Red Army as mass hordes taking individually superior Germans only by great numbers.:)

Maybe the cause is western culture feeling about west countries being Elf-like (good) and East countries being Orkish (evil). By the way I like Warhammer Orcs. Dis iz great pleazure to smash 'umanz with our choppas.:D Sorry about off-topic, can't restrain from comment.:D

I'm not sure of the era, I don't have a particular preference, but I would love to play a sim in which REDFOR has a comparable strength to BLUFOR, or at least, poses a major threat, having comparable air support, artillery assets and maneuver forces.

I don't think a war in China is really realistic... mainly because it would be impossible to invade and hold (think of Sino-Japanese war all over again, except this time china is modern and unified). A defense of Taiwan might be cool/plausible. I also think its pretty ahistorical for World War III to happen over Georgia, unless there is another George Bush for a US president. The Georgia action was a classical example of a localized war, and as we might recall, was initiated by the Georgians themselves - the russians were not the aggressors. A North/South Korea war is also remotely plausible - the player can play the expeditionary force.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicdain viewpost.gif

My 0,02€.

I think that the most feasible theatre for a temperate modern CM would be Korea.

Yes but unless you include the Chinese, what does Korea have that Syria doesnt?

I agree: Chinese would have to be included in a Korean war

+1 for near future.

I like to play around with virtual versions of the state-of-the-art weapons and equipment that we see today, especially as computing power improvements allow for more accurate simulations.

For those who are worried about a near-future conflict being a BLUE turkey-shoot, do you really think that in this age of information, we will see technological knowhow and advanced training techniques become even more unique to the U.S.? Remember that the Internet has only been around for a couple of decades or less. I would be highly surprised if the playing field didn't get more even fairly quickly.

I don't really mind who the two (or more?) sides are in CMSF2 as long as they are close in capability.

Just curious: are there any Asians (i.e. Asians living in Asia, not in the West) playing this game right now? If so, what's your perspective on being the potential new "Other" for us smelly pink barbarians?

I've long felt that Asia could be a MASSIVE new market for BFC games (although I guess there is the pirating problem). Didn't Starcraft displace badminton at one point as the Korean national pastime? :-)

Just curious: are there any Asians (i.e. Asians living in Asia, not in the West) playing this game right now? If so, what's your perspective on being the potential new "Other" for us smelly pink barbarians?

Psst... Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria... are in Asia. Maybe you mean Far East or some such?

I played the game "People's General", which was like Allied General (turn based WW2 wargame), but between China/North Korea vs US/Russia/NATO around the year 2015 I think. China invades Russia, North Korea invades South Korea, starts off a new world war.

It was pretty fun, would be cool to have something similar in CMSF.

Easy fix for that: Backstory - two words. President Cheney. :D

So you mean when Cheney finally reveals himself to be an evil space lobster and summons the space lobster armies from his homeworld in Alpha Centauri, the US and the Russians can fight against them? :D

I hope we'll one day see the Space Lobsters of Doom realize. THAT could be set somewhere in 2020-2030, with plenty of liberties in regards to Earthern military technology, like point defence systems against artillery or active camoflage. The opposition would have even more advanced weaponry, such as sharks with lasers, giant robots, genderbending zombies (ala Plan 9 From Outer Space) and what not, with the goal of turning mankind into a special cuisine in Betelgeuze Fried Chicken.

Can we get a new reference. Space Lobster jokes are getting old. Kinda like the midget hooker who stands at the end of my street every day. Funny the first few times I saw her, now not so much. Also last time I checked active camouflage is a reality and is right around the corner so that doesn't really work with your joke. ;)

So you mean when Cheney finally reveals himself to be an evil space lobster and summons the space lobster armies from his homeworld in Alpha Centauri, the US and the Russians can fight against them? :D

If He Who Is Know As Former Vice President Dick Cheney were actually from Alpha Centauri, wouldn't he actually be a "small furry creature"?

(Two thumbs up to whoever gets the reference. :D)