Purchase - download only option?

Hawk

Yes. the game will be available as download only (as well as "mail only" and "download and mail") once it's released. Pre-orders always include both download and mail, hence the S&H added. For pre-orders you save $10 over what the "download and mail" option will cost later ($55 plus S&H), somewhat offsetting the S&H (or, in the case of national customers, completely offsetting it, because North America S&H is only $10).

BTW, I do not agree that it's pricey... for Europeans, even at $65 including S&H, the cost is only EUR 43 including shipping and everything, which is roughly what a game will cost you in Europe if you pick up on the shelf in a store, and you get both delivery AND a download for it. Not a bad deal at all if you ask me, due to the exchange rate (which is the main reason for the higher S&H in the first place).

...For pre-orders you save $10 over what the "download and mail" option will cost later ($55 plus S&H)...

Ah yes, good point.

BTW, I do not agree that it's pricey...

Yes, well luckily we both live in free countries and are entiteled to our own opinions. :)

Anyway, I've allready ordered. I'll do my part in saving the American economy. :D

Yes, well luckily we both live in free countries and are entiteled to our own opinions.

True. Even the incorrect ones :)

Anyway, I've allready ordered. I'll do my part in saving the American economy.

Thank you very much. I guess we'd have to throw in a couple of Chevy's and a house or two into the deal though in order for it to have much impact :)

No :)

You do not gain anything by pre-ordering now. You won't be able to download any quicker because of it. If you simply wait until the game is released you'll get the same download at the same price. By pre-ordering you're out money now for something you'll get later... that's a loss for you.

We do not gain anything because while we get your money now, we need to hold on to it until the product is released, for legal reasons. This in fact only increases our administrative costs.

The win win only applies if both download & mail are thrown into the equation. You save $10. That's a win. We get an order for hardgoods. This allows us to better judge how many CDs etc. we need to produce, making our planning more efficient. That's a win for us.

Martin