Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

new toCMSF - two weird problems

Hi There,

I'm new to CMSF and have been playing a couple of weeks. Very impressed with the game generally, but have encountered two weird problems:

1. I have both British Forces and Marines modules installed. But on two occasions over the last few days, the British module has 'disappeared' from the game and I've had to reinstall it, in order to get the game to work. Just to clarify: this module just 'disappears' from the GUI, as if the game can't find it, but all the files are still in the root directory. When I reinstall the module everything is fine - until the next time this happens.

2. I've got a brand-new PC (3 gig of RAM, 6000+ processor, 3GHz) and the game seems to run fine. But when I tried to play Birdstrike's excellent Paradise Road scenario, the game froze halfway through. I kept going back to earlier save games, but the same thing happened everytime - the game just gridlocks. And so I had to give up. I went back to playing the default campaign and everything was fine.

And so, the above problems are not major troubles - but I thought I'd mention them in case there's some simple solution.

Thanks in advance for replies and a general Thumbs Up for the game.