Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Version 0.97.9841 Is Available

Brit

I was hoping to spend more time working on AI and game-balancing issues this week, but I got a whole bunch of bugs fixed instead. Enjoy!

- Fixed a crash and some AI processing-speed problems

- Fixed Crash that happens when you try to move GroundUnits off a transport near the coast

- In the resources window, removed unused unit categories off the Oil-consumption and Food-consumption lists

- Fixed bug: Can't type dates into the "New Game Setup" window

- Fixed bug: The game crashes if you start a game with a scenario where one player has no cities

- Fixed bug: When using the "Map is Known" option, the inital enemy city can be immediately found using National Summary / Animated History.

- Fixed bug: Cannot pickup/dropoff units from a transport if it is inside a group

- Fixed bug: If a carrier is inside a group, you don't need to select the ship to land an aircraft there

- Fixed crash that happens when you right-click in the map editor

- Fixed bug: In TradeAgreements, AI will no longer accept a technology hint if it already knows that hint

- Fixed bug: Group-names were being reset to "Group" after loading the game

- Trade Agreement window gives error information if you don't have enough money/iron/food/oil for the trade

- Trade Agreement window allows for counteroffers

- Fixed bug: Ships suddenly died when they attempted to capture a resource

- Fixed bug: When aircraft have orders to move to the edge of their range, sometimes they fly-home before reaching waypoint

- AI adjusts technology buy/sell prices based on foreign relations

- Added x0.5 and x10 turn replay speeds

- Added zoom-in/zoom-out hotkeys

- Random Map Generator: Increased the amount of gold in a gold resource, so they are more valuable

- Bumped up the Movement rate of Carrier (Class 1) from 60 to 75

- Added a second (inner) range circle for aircraft when they are in a mobile unit (carrier)

- The second circle is the safe range no matter which direction the carrier moves

- Added "Sentry for one turn"

- Added "Sentry until repaired"

- Enlarged the "free technology" scenario window to allow for 10 players, and sorted technologies alphabetically

- Added a few new options to the 'Random Map Generator' options (in the MapEditor): Amount of Land, Rainfall, Mountains, Cities and Resources

- Added an immediate Download button to the "Check for updates" window

- Fixed typo Art Gorbett - Anytime you thing your smater...

- Fixed typo Neutal->Neutral

- Fixed tutorial: resource value of 10 is called "decent", but resources vary between 3 and 8

- Fixed tutorial: text says that city production can be set to "money", but it actually sets to "Produce wealth".

- Fertilizer Factory too long in the resource window

Some very cool changes in there.

Can't wait to check some out :]

edit. alright, first impressions:

Random Map Generator - still not enough land ;(.

I rolled a few random continent maps with maxed land bar. Results are that typically only every tenth city is not bombardable from a battleship. Even on the most land-based map you can pretty much win the game (by ruining most of his cities) if you only control the sea.

Please, increase that a little bit, okay? Please? Pretty please? :)

Other than that - mostly superlatives! Very nice work and a huge lot of fixes.

It made my day to see the one turn sentry hotkeyed to 'G' ;D.

Great job, can't wait to preorder ;p

I must admin that the new versions seem more stable. Haven't encountered any "Cannot save game" errors or CTDs.

I agree. However, I had one strange bug. I started a new game with one opponent, using the 1900- rule set. My first production was a transport. I received a "new-production" warning the turn before it was finished, but the transport never materialized in the city. I tried to recreate the error, but it didn't happen again.

I agree. However, I had one strange bug. I started a new game with one opponent, using the 1900- rule set. My first production was a transport. I received a "new-production" warning the turn before it was finished, but the transport never materialized in the city. I tried to recreate the error, but it didn't happen again.

If there's less than one turn of production left on something (say 0.8 turns), you should get a "city needs orders" message (left panel) and a city-popup. If you removed the transport from the build queue, then it wouldn't get finished. If that happens, then the transport should appear in the build options with a "0.8/14.0 turn" build time.

Since the cities are growing in population, many of the units won't get completed in exactly X turns - they'll get completed slightly faster, which means instead of getting a transport in 14.0 turns, you'll get it in 13.8 turns. Can you confirm if this is what happened?

Since the cities are growing in population, many of the units won't get completed in exactly X turns - they'll get completed slightly faster, which means instead of getting a transport in 14.0 turns, you'll get it in 13.8 turns. Can you confirm if this is what happened?

I can't in retrospect say for sure that I didn't accidentially remove the boat from the queue, so it may well be what happened. :)