Normandy photos

Someone recently e-mailed me a collection of then and now photos taken in the D-Day areas of Normandy. Since they are in PowerPoint format, I know of no way to post them here, but if anyone would like to see them, PM me an e-mail address and I can send them as an attachment.

These are some of the best of this kind of thing I have ever seen. With one or two exceptions, not only have they gotten the location correct, but even the camera angle and framing match reasonably closely. The historic photos are b&w and the contemporary ones are in color.

Michael

Michael, you old moose brain! The photos are apparently the same (but in higher resolution) as the ones here: http://www.6juin1944.com/album/thennow/index.php?id=20

But thanks anyway, the ones you sent seem to be slightly higher quality.

P.S. And apparently they're not all the same. I'll try to post them online or sumfink, if gods favour me.

There seem to be more on the site you link to. There are only 50 pages in the group I sent you and are couple of them are only shots of the same house in the present day taken from different angles. Whatever.

Michael

Amazing photos! It's really interesting seeing how things have changed in 65 years. This guy must have made an in-depth research to find out the exact location of all the historical photos. The only thing I miss is the name of the town or place where the photos are taken

Since they are in PowerPoint format, I know of no way to post them here, but if anyone would like to see them, PM me an e-mail address and I can send them as an attachment.

Did you know that you can extraxt the photos from all Powerpoint slideshows? I've done it several times with PowerPoint 2003. Just google for instructions how to do it. Here's one way:

http://mcobit.business.nd.edu/kb/kb.cfm?Action=NEWQuestion&gid=1343

I'm amazed how often individuals are identified.
Hello

I am the photographer of the "then" shots. The originals, which were pirated on blogs and now powerpoint etc etc are on my website at : http://www.6juin1944.com/album/thennow/index.php

At this place you will find locations and captions for the photographs which are not on the other places.

And, for the date, it's very simple... The date is on the original caption of the 1944 picture!