What ptboats are playable?

Destraex

I'm not 100% sure which of the units shown in this excellent list Moon provided are playable, but I know for a fact that you can play Russian, English, American and German MTBs. You MAY be able to play the F-lighters, MFKs and so forth ... at least I certainly hope so.

I have zero interest in playing submarines or capital ships in this ... at this point at least. I obviously haven't played the game so I shouldn't make judgements too early :)

Joe

Motor Torpedo Boats have always been minimized as to their importance in the overall naval outcome all over the world. It is difficult for Americans to realize that PT were in fact Motor Torpedo Boats also. They are listed in all official Naval documents as Motor Torpedo Boat,PT Boats.

I have spent the last 11 years creating a world history of the full evolutionary development of the MTB as seen in WWII. It all started in 1280AD. My book series is The Ship Killers, from Nimble Books.com.

I have comparative studies of MTB, construction, engines, weapons, range and speeds. It is well documented the the German S Boat was the best MTB of WWII. The fastest MTB was the Soviet G5 at 55 knots with a range of 250 NM using high octane aviation gas. The German S Boats average speed was 45.7 knots using diesel as fuel. ts range was 750NM at 38 knots. The PT's speed as documented by US Naval records was 25 to 31 knots, using aviation gas as fuel. Range was 250 NM. Italian boats were fast stable and extremely effective in combat. But then they had been practicing since the 1880's.

If I can answer any questions i will try to get back to you as time allows. You are entitled to any opinions you may hold. I have 4,300 MTB actions by year,month and day. This includes the first war where spar-torpedo boats were used,1861-1865, the American Civil War.

I will not not take time to argue with anybody. I am happy to share information.

I hope to see this game out some day after two plus years of being teased I am a bnit put off by the whole thing.

Regards everybody and good luck---Joe

I have spent the last 11 years creating a world history of the full evolutionary development of the MTB as seen in WWII. It all started in 1280AD.

Oh, you might have missed it, but it's been a bit more than 11 years...

(No, really, welcome. Tell us more!)

Motor Torpedo Boats have always been minimized as to their importance in the overall naval outcome all over the world. It is difficult for Americans to realize that PT were in fact Motor Torpedo Boats also. They are listed in all official Naval documents as Motor Torpedo Boat,PT Boats.

I have spent the last 11 years creating a world history of the full evolutionary development of the MTB as seen in WWII. It all started in 1280AD. My book series is The Ship Killers, from Nimble Books.com.

I have comparative studies of MTB, construction, engines, weapons, range and speeds. It is well documented the the German S Boat was the best MTB of WWII. The fastest MTB was the Soviet G5 at 55 knots with a range of 250 NM using high octane aviation gas. The German S Boats average speed was 45.7 knots using diesel as fuel. ts range was 750NM at 38 knots. The PT's speed as documented by US Naval records was 25 to 31 knots, using aviation gas as fuel. Range was 250 NM. Italian boats were fast stable and extremely effective in combat. But then they had been practicing since the 1880's.

If I can answer any questions i will try to get back to you as time allows. You are entitled to any opinions you may hold. I have 4,300 MTB actions by year,month and day. This includes the first war where spar-torpedo boats were used,1861-1865, the American Civil War.

I will not not take time to argue with anybody. I am happy to share information.

I hope to see this game out some day after two plus years of being teased I am a bnit put off by the whole thing.

Regards everybody and good luck---Joe

I quite agree Joe, I've been a fan of MTB/MGBs for many years now (though clearly not to your level of interest) and I really thought it was vapourware.

Now we just have to hope that BFC can help make this a true SIM rather than some arcade monstrosity.

But the boats do look good don't they. :)

Joe