Theatre of War 2 Won't install?

Putasokinhet

Alright, So I just got my copy of ToW 2 in the mail yesterday. Went to my computer to install it but here is what happens.

I put in the disk

It hums, the start menu comes up but when I click install nothing happens. I wait for a bit, click again then it says that start menu isn't responding. Then my computer just like locks up, I can't click on anything it won't restart or shut down so I have to press and hold the power button. :(

My CD case came with a small crack in it and the CD itself has a strange smudgy circle going around it. Not like a scratch or anything just a weird smudge. I'm not a CD master so I don't know if it is bad or not.

When I downloaded and played the DEMO it played like a charm.

Here are my specs

HP 9180t Elite series desktop

Windows Vista SP 2 64 bit

intel core i7 CPU at 2.66 ghz

ATI 4850 graphics card

719 GB left of 917GB RAM

I got the latest Directx

I don't know what is up it should work fine. I even attempted to install it on my old computer that ran ToW 1 fine and the same thing happened on that computer aswell :(

Anyone please...help.

-Sean_

Discs are laminates, if the layers are separated they will not read back properly.

I've had discs in the past that had a kind of 'ghosting' on the 'surface' where the layers had parted making them useless.

Maybe something like this has happened to your disc?

As to the lock-up - if the OS is locked into reading a disc it will often just keep trying & lock the ROM into that read state. Commonly bad discs will stall a PC simply because the PC can't finish the seek commands. If the ROM won't open/eject the only way to break the looping is a restart.

Putasokinhet, if you have mailed support, then your reply is logged in the help desk already. The email may have been blocked by your spam filter.

Defective CDs happen but are very rare (like once or twice a year). More likely is that your PC security settings are preventing the game installer from loading from CD. Copy the setup file to your HD, force it to run with full admin rights (Right-click->Properties->Run as admin...) and try again.

There is a Knowledge Base entry for this at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk as well, which incidentally is also the place where you log in to check the status of your ticket.

Yes, HD means hard-drive, and you can copy the file by putting the CD into to drive, and choosing "Open" instead of "AutoStart". You will see the contents of the CD, and you can select the file to copy by left-clicking, and then copy it via Ctrl-C and paste it somewhere on your harddrive via Ctrl-V.