SFS Extractor?

Apocalypse 31

I have downloaded SFSExtractor.306 from the Repository of ToW2-1943, unzipped it in program files/battlefront/theatre of war 2/MissionEditor and run the .exe. The extractor's window pop up but with no list of folders and/or files inside.

I have edit the Mission Editor Location and the Extractor Location.

My OS is Vista 32 ultimate.

Maybe the Extractor works only in ToW1?

Or it need a new filelist (I have filelistMay17-09-311)

If any know some hints to work with the Extractor in ToW2, please let me know.

Thanks

I have run as admin, but what is UAC?

I have change from SFSExtractor.306.368 to SFSExtractor-64bit (there is no difference)

follow the SFS_Extractor_Log file:

[sTART - %date]

2009-10-20 00:12:28,911 [1] FATAL SFSExtractor.ExtractManager - Exception==>System.DllNotFoundException: Impossibile caricare la DLL '..\rts.dll': Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

in Editor.SFS.SFSStream.Open(String name)

in Editor.SFS.SFSStream..ctor(String name)

in Editor.SFS.SFSReader..ctor(String path)

in Editor.Utils.FilesID.Load()

in Editor.Utils.FilesID..ctor()

in Editor.Utils.FilesID.getInstance()

in SFSExtractor.ExtractManager.Init()

and the SFS_Extractor_Errors

2009-10-20 00:12:28,911 [1] FATAL SFSExtractor.ExtractManager [(null)] - Exception==>System.DllNotFoundException: Impossibile caricare la DLL '..\rts.dll': Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x8007007E).

in Editor.SFS.SFSStream.Open(String name)

in Editor.SFS.SFSStream..ctor(String name)

in Editor.SFS.SFSReader..ctor(String path)

in Editor.Utils.FilesID.Load()

in Editor.Utils.FilesID..ctor()

in Editor.Utils.FilesID.getInstance()

in SFSExtractor.ExtractManager.Init()

th

For Tow2 you need new filelist which is in Theatre of War 2 repository.

br.

Dr.Jones

in Theatre of War 2 repository there are two files filelist [filelist.txt(retry) and initial Filelist.txt] the first files is 870kb large and the second one is 963kb large.

I have unzip and copy/paste both the file (one at a time) in the extractor folder, but it seem that the problem is not here, because when I run (with the UAC on) the extractor.exe its windows pop up empty.

The log folder repeats the same ...rts/dll not found.

I have a rts/dll (852kb) in the main folder of ToW2.

What I have to do to put in operation the extractor.

If the extractor windows pops up empty, it is probably because you did'nt enter the path to the Mission Editor folder and to the folder where you want the files to be extracted (check the file config.xml, to set the path)

I have check the patch (and they are ok).

What version SFSExctractor are You using for?

What version Filelist.txt are You using with?

I'm using SFSExtractor306 and the latest filelist.txt (don't remember which one, but it weights 2.03Mo - 2*134*716 octets)

Additionally, make sure you start the extractor with full administrator rights (if using Vista, because of the pain in the ... that Vista UAC is). Vista user access control is the cause of a lot of trouble, because by default, you don't have permission to modify files unless you start the *.exe as an administrator.