Latest build - much better

Kelly's Heros

The game is much more stable. NO crashes and I was able to save my games all the way up to the end of the game of well over 200 turns.

Unfortunately, one thing I did notice is that for some reason the Veteran AI is kind of brain dead so to speak. What's up with that? It just doesn't do anything. I would expect a challenge at Veteran level and it seemed like before it was a challenge, but now it is lethargic.

The aircraft seem to be a little more powerful, yet I still see tanks shooting down strategic bombers. NOT going to happen.

Subs are much better now too.

I love the new research for food. That really helped a lot. Resources seem to be much more usable now.

The zoom is still a little crazy. It jumps all over the place and I believe it is because of the way you have the world wrapped. What would be very cool is as you zoom out the flat map wraps around a globe that you can rotate. As you zoom in the map flattens out again. That would be an awesome effect and very novel. Maybe it is something you can work on after the first release Brit. I still don't like the overlapping range circles. Way too confusing.

Brit the software has come a long way in the past few weeks. Keep up the great changes.

The zoom is still a little crazy. It jumps all over the place and I believe it is because of the way you have the world wrapped. What would be very cool is as you zoom out the flat map wraps around a globe that you can rotate. As you zoom in the map flattens out again. That would be an awesome effect and very novel. Maybe it is something you can work on after the first release Brit. I still don't like the overlapping range circles. Way too confusing.

Lol. It just zooms to the cursor. What's wrong with that??

The game is much more stable. NO crashes and I was able to save my games all the way up to the end of the game of well over 200 turns.

That's good.

Unfortunately' date=' one thing I did notice is that for some reason the Veteran AI is kind of brain dead so to speak. What's up with that? It just doesn't do anything. I would expect a challenge at Veteran level and it seemed like before it was a challenge, but now it is lethargic.[/quote']

I think there's something odd going on with the AI. I think that it sometimes works great, and other times it it kind of inactive. It might have to do with the exact geographical position of the AI.

Do you mean the mouse-wheel zoom-in/zoom-out, or do you mean the mouse-wheel-click functionality where the screen zooms all the way out (so you can see the whole world)? I assume you mean the later. Are you talking about the way the map always centers on the same location on full zoom-out?

Which overlapping range circles do you mean? Are you talking about the combat-range circles, or aircraft-range, or something else?

Thanks. And thanks again for the feedback.

A small bug..

At the end of the "progress bar run" the game occassionally freezes - this happens if the window which gives the "city build options" is needed to open automatically at the start of the new turn. This window does not appear and the game freezes...but pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager Window causes the city build options window to appear and the game continues normally (The TM Window is closed without other action).

David

Chaos breeds new ideas whereas as Order simply perpetuates old ones.

A small bug..

At the end of the "progress bar run" the game occassionally freezes - this happens if the window which gives the "city build options" is needed to open automatically at the start of the new turn. This window does not appear and the game freezes...but pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager Window causes the city build options window to appear and the game continues normally (The TM Window is closed without other action).

David

Is this bug in the latest version? I ask because I thought this bug was fixed in one of the updates, and I wasn't sure if you were running an old version.

Quote:

"Is this bug in the latest version? I ask because I thought this bug was fixed in one of the updates, and I wasn't sure if you were running an old version."

It was with the ..8806 and previous versions. I haven't tried the latest update though it is installed now.

Umm... I am getting a bit bored with the "Island Map", I don't suppose you could make available an alternative? In the interest of playtesting of course...

David

A small bug..

I get the same (when it's late in the game and there's a lot to calculate), but I don't have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, just Alt seems bring up the window.

BTW, using build 8806 (not the very latest) I noticed you can create some very improper stacks by mis-using groups. Normally you can't put aircraft carriers into Transport planes, but if you place a Paratroop unit into the Transport, then another Paratroop unit on top of the first (thus creating a Group), you can then move any unit, including a Carrier, into that Group. The Carrier becomes part of a group with the Paratroops inside the Transport!

I used the same method of abusing Group to place nuclear bombers as well as tanks and artillery into the Carrier as well. By Grouping them, this also allows you to exceed the max units allowed inside.

The Transport would fly to the destination, but it didn't seem like I could let off the Carrier unit (and its contents). But then I disbanded the Group still inside the Transport. I was able give the Transport a land destination and then select the Carrier and right-click on the yellow down arrow marker (hovering the mouse doesn't indicate this will work, but it does). When the turn was processed, the Transport flew, let off the Carrier on land and returned. I could then give land and air units contained within the Carrier normal orders to move and fight; the Carrier was stuck, however (obviously).

- Chris

I get the same (when it's late in the game and there's a lot to calculate), but I don't have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, just Alt seems bring up the window.

BTW, using build 8806 (not the very latest) I noticed you can create some very improper stacks by mis-using groups. Normally you can't put aircraft carriers into Transport planes, but if you place a Paratroop unit into the Transport, then another Paratroop unit on top of the first (thus creating a Group), you can then move any unit, including a Carrier, into that Group. The Carrier becomes part of a group with the Paratroops inside the Transport!

I used the same method of abusing Group to place nuclear bombers as well as tanks and artillery into the Carrier as well. By Grouping them, this also allows you to exceed the max units allowed inside.

The Transport would fly to the destination, but it didn't seem like I could let off the Carrier unit (and its contents). But then I disbanded the Group still inside the Transport. I was able give the Transport a land destination and then select the Carrier and right-click on the yellow down arrow marker (hovering the mouse doesn't indicate this will work, but it does). When the turn was processed, the Transport flew, let off the Carrier on land and returned. I could then give land and air units contained within the Carrier normal orders to move and fight; the Carrier was stuck, however (obviously).

- Chris

Me too, but I press the Alt key.